Is 5K R$ Enough for a start?

Hi there!

I’m developing a game and I would like to sponsor it when it comes out.

So I wanted to know if 5K R$ would be enough for a start. (1K per day during 5 days)

Let me know what would be best for a small launch.

6 Likes

Personally I’d say 1k for 5 days is a bit overkill for a launch - maybe 500 for 10 days?

3 Likes

Test about 3 adverts for 500 each and the ones that perform the most I would recommend running.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure OP is sponsoring judging on the wording

Sponsoring is terrible. You’d be throwing all your robux down the drain. I recommend mainly focusing on advertising with a very minor focus on sponsoring for mobile and tablet only. With advertising, that should be enough robux.

5 Likes

From my experiences, the sponsoring got more clicks than the ads. (Impressions too)

From my own personal experience - sponsoring gets a higher CTR and impressions than ads, plus extensions like Roblox+, BTR and even Adblock can block game ads, sponsoring can get by that

2 Likes

You’re lucky then (cc @AnthoDevRBLX)

Sponsored stats

Ad stats

This is why I prefer ads a million times over sponsors. People just scroll right by sponsors, because they normally see them when searching for a specific game. With ads, they appear everywhere, so someone might be looking for any game to play, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Might just be my ad creation skills - but personally I’ve always been in favour of sponsoring because as I said, external browser extensions can’t block them without doing some major tomfoolery

The people that are blocking ads are not exactly clicking on advertised game icons either, though, considering they’re blocking one form of advertisement. In addition, blocked ads don’t count towards your impressions iirc, so the only people seeing your ads are the people who actually want to see them.

2 Likes

No, you should put it into ads not sponsoring that is a big mistake many new devs make and their game goes nowhere so put your money into ads not sponsoring also best days to do it are on Fridays and Saturdays so keep that in mind as well. :wink:

2 Likes

You don’t even need robux for a start. I have a friend that made his game quite big just by advertising to his friends and made the friends tell their friends starting a chain across Roblox and advertise on Discord servers (if allowed). I wouldn’t really recommend to spend robux on ads (or sponsors) when there are easier and cheaper ways.

2 Likes

The thing is that ads don’t have a high CTR.

Yeah I know that friends can help spread the word about the game but I’m not 100% sure it will work.

Sponsoring is clearly better, 36K impression vs 2.8K impressions is a giant difference. Maybe the icon just isn’t appealing.

I know that i don’t need robux to develop games. I want to sponsor the game

You need either robux, more social connections than mark zberg, or a Youtuber to play your game

Hey @AnthoDevRBLX.

5K Robux on during the 5 days is a waste, do it on the weekdays. more people will see it there.
Also spread the word about your game on any social media contact your friends to spread it (Don’t spam it in group tho) learn more about marketing and you have it.

1 Like

Your system can even block ads. Windows and Linux has a hidden hosts files which basically, if you know how to use it, you could redirect Roblox ad links to a different domain (typically 127.0.0.1 // localhost).

Definitely test out advertisements first, see which attract more attention and are more appealing. Use that algorithm for the future. Don’t blow all the money because then you’ll be left with only a minimum of what you could’ve made.