Is a login system against the law or Roblox ToS?

1. What do you want to achieve? Hello! I am Babycorndog10! I’m Making a system called RobloxianRoxy! I want to ask a few questions before I publish the game or anything. RobloxianRoxy is a Login System for Roblox Games. The login System is called GAS. G is the Username basically and the A stands for And and the S stands for Code. Let’s say you at your friend’s house and don’t want to enter your password on their pc because it might save it to their pc. So, RobloxianRoxy can have an “Account” with a G and an S, Then it tells your game a Token generated by RobloxianRoxy. Something like “Continue With Google” but only uses your UserId/UserName and Games Using Roxy for the Token. Also, I will add a note saying NOT TO Use your Roblox Login. We wont use your Data or send it to discord Webhook.

2. What is the issue? I want to know if this is against Roblox TOS or is against the Law. What I mean is if I ask a player for a Fun Nickname also known as a Username and a Code for securing the account.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far? I thought it wasn’t ok, but I wanted to just Double-check with more knowledgeable people than me.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

I Will Make This Clear, I Will Put Up a Sign Not to use your Roblox Username AND/Or Password!

4 Likes

G - username
A - and
S - code

hmm

19 Likes

Should not be breaking the terms, if it is not phising, but could you accomplish the same thing with data stores?

What is Phishing?

Lets say you lost your Password to your account, then you can get your data back. Thats the Meaning of it.

1 Like

It stands for GAS. Its RobloxianRoxy’s Special Datastore Security. Because of the username and Code stuff.

The acronym doesn’t line up though lol. It’s a cute idea, but I don’t think people will really go for it. But try your best!

1 Like

This is agasint the law PERIOD!

Every robloxian knows that any third-party sites asking for your token is unsafe.

And if your doing this your will most likely get banned or even terminated. That means people are trusting YOU with their account, this includes payments,passwords, and user IDs. So if you get hacked or your site or game all that information will be leaked.

1 Like

Oooh I get it, I think if you dont want to sign into your account, you can get back your data in a game, then you can get your data on an alt and save it there when you leave, and get the data on your main.

Interesting conept. I am very intrigued right now.

You aren’t using their Roblox logins (unless they ignore the log in warning and use their account password anyway lol), so you should be fine.

Thank you sir! This is what Gas Stands for:

G - Username(Dont Use your RobloxUsername)
A- And
S - Code (DONT USE ANY Of Your passwords, just use 4 numbers.

Should there be an easy way to log out then?

This is very unsafe. This is cute and a nice way but your not roblox.

He’s not asking for their login tokens. He is just asking that if he made a seperate login system, distinct from the user’s actual login info, would that be allowed. He is basically asking if he can make his own account system.

I don’t think roblox allows 3rd party sites to log into their anymore…

Yes, it is a third party game. It doesnt collect your data. I also mentioned not to use your Roblox username And/or password. So, I cannot access any of that. Yes, I can access your UserId, anybody can do that. Your Trusting RobloxianRoxy with the account, and its very secure.

As I mentioned, RobloxianRoxy is meant to help others.

Well, it depends on the use case. There could definitely be a log out button, along with a Remember Me system that has a DataStore key on each tag. I don’t see why that wouldn’t be a feature he’d add.

From a game?
\Can you express more?

What do you mean?

He is not asking for their username or their password. He is asking them to create seperate login info.

Just leave the game! :slight_smile: How it works is that you join your game, and there could be a use RobloxianRoxy button. Then it teleports you and you type in your G and S and it gives your game A Random token and every game has a different token.

Well agian people could get pass guessed, so I guess you should make it so that you have to verify that the person logged in was really you.
For example ItemStealer pass guesses RichDude
And then the next time RichDude logs on, he should get a pop up to verify tjat ItemStealer was him, also make trading in games, only possible on the main account, because if the data is then restored, it could be used to dupe items, also spending is okay, BUT YOU SHOULD NEVER USE THIS SYSTEM ON ANYTHING THAT INVOLVES GIVING ITEMS TO OTHER PLAYERS.