Is it as good idea to still release piggy style games?

Is it still a good idea to release piggy style games. Now that times have passed because I’ve asked myself this question. Because back then you would see youtubers and thousands of people play piggy style games. But now I don’t see much. So what do you guys think. Is it a good idea to release piggy games now or not?

6 Likes

Maybe I’m not up to scratch with all this, but could you explain what type of game a “piggy” game is?

1 Like

Certainly worth trying, but mind your own design make more puzzle types and such. Basically take idea and try to expand it as possible

1 Like

Me, and I’m sure others, though I do not speak for everyone when I say this, look down on the Piggy genre/trend. I have nothing against the original Piggy or most of its inspired games, but the trend got quite annoying when all I saw were Piggy games on the front page and my recommended.

That’s just my opinion, but the community seems to still enjoy the Piggy genre, with high concurrent player counts in a lot of them. They seem to do well still and you most likely can get easily noticed for that.

It’s really just up to you, though like @Avaetos said, is that you should put your own unique twist on it. I’ve seen these with a lot of the popular Piggy inspired games, and it will most likely pay off and attract more of a player base. If you’d like to go for it, you can go for it. Like I said, it’s just up to you.

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t as games with a similar concept to piggy aren’t as big as they were a few months ago so you probably wouldn’t get a lot of attention from it. If this is what you want to do however, go ahead! It’s really up to you and what you’d like to do. Just make sure it’s not the exact same and has it’s own story to it.

1 Like

Well, Piggy didn’t end up as an awful Granny clone game, since it changed the game mechanics enough to make it original. (Although it was just going to be a parody lol)

:ballot_box_with_check: I think it is a good idea to release “piggy style” games if done right.

Unfortunately, most games who “take inspiration” from piggy don’t bring stuff that the original game didn’t already have, or either this new content isn’t really a big deal.

I wouldn’t make a “piggy style” game unless it had very significant changes tbh.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a good idea, but it’s up to you, I don’t think it’s a good idea, because if people play it that are fans of piggy will call it a clone.

1 Like

You can, but pleaseee do NOT make a clone.
Just make giant changes and innovate, if the original game starts falling, the clones will fall too

1 Like

Personally, I wouldn’t.

People see a game such as “Kitty” or “Spider” or “Rats” or whatever and assume its just like piggy and people would play it once and go back to Piggy because it’s just a clone that doesn’t do things the same and to what they’re used to. (Speaking from personal experience from playing ‘Piggy style’ games.)

1 Like

A piggy styled game is maybe not the best idea. If you notice the popular page, almost everything there is using different styles, for example there is bloxburg, adopt me, jailbreak, shinobi life 2, loomian legacy, world//zero, and much more. The thing you may have noticed is when you are talking about a good prison game, you will most likely talk about jailbreak than mad city because it is obvious mad city copied jailbreak and put some more things. Things such as Cat, bakon, and guesty did the same thing with piggy. Piggy was an original game while all of the others were just copying it. The reason why you talk about piggy rather than guesty is because it is considered original to roblox. If guesty had maybe been made first, we might be calling it a guesty styled game rather than piggy game. Things like this matter. While it is correct that maybe some of the copies get popularity, they will never get the long term popularity. Many games that are original have been on the top charts for years, while copies would mainly stay for a few months and die down eventually until everyone forgot about them. I suggest going for a different approach at making your own original game because if you do it well, than your game could be on the popular page alongside jailbreak.

1 Like

I don’t recommend trying to create a full inspired game using ideas and mechanics from Piggy. If you are planning to still do it, add new elements and mechanics into your game - it makes your game unique and original. I’m in full support if you are using the piggy tutorials to expand your learning and knowledge, but avoid creating a “clone”; players don’t want to play that.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like the idea of taking others ideas and using them just because they are trending. If you want to make a “piggy” themed game make sure it is inspired not a copy or similar to a copy.

1 Like

In my opinion, as long as the story is created by you, then I encourage developers to create story like games like Piggy. It’s very tempting because your trying to dissect a story but the timelines are so messed up, it would keep Player’s thinking about it until they make real logic, this is also improving their thinking knowledge.

1 Like

No, it is not, and if minitoon saw you do this without his permission, your game might get DMCA-Copyright striked. so, it is better not to. MiniToon is the one thats trying to protect their copyrighted materials, so its better not to make piggy style games (or even release them.)

1 Like