Is it possible to download music from Roblox?

Greetings!
I’m looking for a method to download music by their SoundIDs. I’ve tried using http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=, but it doesn’t work unfortunately, even if I own the audio. Is there anything that I can do?
I appreciate the help!

29 Likes

As far as I know, there’s no way to download audio directly from Roblox. You may need browser extensions. Also, other sound creators may not allow it. All Roblox’s sounds in the library are made by APM Music. But, look at this:

That means you’re not allowed to download even Roblox sounds. This is why you can’t download audio. You’d better not risk it. Check the article of Roblox support about the issue here.

7 Likes

My request is not related to videos of any kind, I’m looking for a way to process audios outside of Roblox (audio visualizing purposes) and I need a way to access the library (songs) through my own website/server.

2 Likes

Well, this is actually the Audio Use policy. This is still not possible, and, I guess, not allowed.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that it’s not allowed, but I am not very sure, you might need to do some research on this. A way to export audio could be to record it. Every computer has an application for Voice Recordings, so you can use this.

3 Likes

It is impossible by recording audio since Roblox encrypts their audio data.

4 Likes

Sorry about bumping this ancient post :blush: , but I’ve recently really needed this and I’ve put together a nice little endpoint.

Example

https://api.hyra.io/audio/9044425900

Short and sweet documentation

https://api.hyra.io/audio/:AudioID
Simply take the Audio ID from the Library and put into the URL. The Roblox sound will then be accessible to play in the browser, download the file or parse.

Hope this helps! :white_heart:

71 Likes

How do you find the link to the audio? I am looking to create some sound analysis (beat tracking and other stuff) for music in my game. I want it done programmatically so the users can choose their own sounds. I will do it in an external web service.

However the only way I found how to download the music is GET the library asset page. Then parse that page to get the cdn link. Use that link to download the sound.

If there is an easier way I would like to know.

2 Likes

You do indeed have to do that, and it comes over in a strange format that is GZipped.

That’s exactly what this is doing, and then sending it back out in the correct encoding.

3 Likes

I will try to use your endpoint too. However, the format was standard mp3 for me, no issues with compression.

2 Likes

When loading it from the Library I found that some of the audios were sent over with content-type of gzip. This means you have to manually bind the .mp3 suffix onto the file if you are downloading it.

This isn’t too much of an issue if you can do that, but in my particular use case it needed to be sent down as content-type audio/mpeg

The audio itself doesn’t appear to have any issues with formatting, just the content-type it is being sent down as.

3 Likes

Is this still valid? I get an error every time I try it

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like it works anymore. Alternatively I found out you can go to the page of the audio, right click on the play button, inspect, and use the HTML link that shows up. I’ve only ever used this on free, player created audio and I wouldn’t recommend using it for other purposes.

3 Likes

Sorry for bumping (again), but could you please update this? With this new update, I will need to transfer all my audios to my account.

Thanks, Reid.

1 Like

Hi folks. You will need the BTRoblox plugin for this. :wink:

1 Like

@alessdai
@user533651237

1 Like

Please refer to my post on another topic:

2 Likes

Of course.

I’ve updated it so that it should work now.

2 Likes

Literally a life saver, didn’t have some of the original files I need to transfer to my group games after the update. This is the best, thank you.

2 Likes

I have found two methods to achieve this, one with the SearchAPI and another with website scraping. The source code for both is available here and can be run directly inside Roblox studio(as long HTTP requests are enabled and is a server script).

Also if you’re lazy: Audio link fetcher - Roblox

1 Like