Is it possible to make a SelectionBox to overlay everything in a game?

I was wondering if it is possible to make a SelectionBox appear over everything in a games map, such as assets like Parts & Models

if you want to select everything in workspace just click on workspace in explorer

selecting something will select itself and every child it has

I should of worded it better, I meant this. image
I want the selection box to appear above blocks in front of it.

I don’t know how to do that sorry
I looked on google as well so yea
hopefully someone knows the answer

If you want SelectionBox in every part you will need to put one SelectionBox object in every part, you can do this just by running a script to put SelectionBox in every part on command bar or if you don’t want it to be disorganized when editing you can just do that by looping through each part and giving them SelectionBox on client

for i,v in pairs(workspace:GetDescendants()) do
    if v:IsA("BasePart") then
        local SelectionBox = Instance.new("SelectionBox")
        SelectionBox.Parent = v
    end
end

Sorry, I mean like this.

Oh, I didn’t see that message but you should probably send a ray to front of every part and create a new SelectionBox for each part detected

Fake the selection box using 3d gui elements like LineHandleAdornment.

Or fake it with 2d gui elements in a screen gui using one of Camera’s 3d to 2d projection methods.

I am doubtful that it would work but you could try looking into viewport frames? There might be an answer there. I am sure you can make a part seemingly go through walls and stuff. Not sure if it renders selection boxes though.

You might also wanna check out this too.

Getting the positioning right for those is really really hard especially when the thing is around the edges of the viewport frame.