What are you working on currently? (2021)

Did a test of Roverse!

Furniture placement, room saving/loading, entirely revamped MessagingService API calls (more efficiently packed so I use less calls). Also cross-server DMs, inviting friends in different servers, and a bunch of other social features.

54 Likes

still bitter about that… but no spoilers here!

1 Like

Decided to make another Forest theme design with the Roblox Forest Pack but this time, the forest is much larger.

I’m going to be working on it a bit more like adjust the lighting and add more stuff to it. Such as more houses around, and more trees, flowers, etc… Along with trying to make a proper mountain.

With the DCO I’m working on, I decided to put it on hold for a bit since making too many stages was starting to give me a headache :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Recent works of mine

**Table I made yesterday**

**Preservation of old Roblox Materials**

At the moment, Roblox are planning to change materials automatically.
Proof:

Therefore, I have decided to extract the materials from the %appdata% folder to save them as SurfaceAppearance textures before they’re gone forever.

Concrete

**Staircase model**

**A few other random builds**

Hope you enjoyed looking at some of my recent projects. Thank you and have a nice day!

10 Likes

Overgrown townlet

took ~25 hours to make

49 Likes

Not bad

41 Likes

Super cool that you’re able to do this, thanks for sharing. It motivates anyone who wants to create something similar and also shows that they can do it performantly.

I’m really hoping Roblox doesn’t can this idea on their platform roadmap. I’m also hoping that there’s a global ZIndex option so the object can be seen through walls like in your video.

If not, I’ll just have to manually create one like you did, it looks amazing btw!

5 Likes

I’m working on an obby game called- THE MUTATED OBBY

My progress is doing good, even though there’s a ton of work to do.

Concepts:

checkpoint decal:

game icon:

THE MUTATED OBBY- Logo (black bg)

Stage concept (old):

new one soon

sneak peak clip:

https://streamable.com/fnuibc

5 Likes

Is this inspired/based on Habbo?

2 Likes

55 Likes

How long did that take? Also that is really amazing.

I started today, and I just finished it right now
(Library)

2 Likes

e40d57aa8178c631e51232c617eab069

25 parts per shelf, all thoroughly optimized as much as possible in terms of collision. The textures you see on the main beams are extremely compressed but still look great.

The texture itself is 436 bytes. One kilobyte (KB) is 1,000 bytes. The texture is ~3795x smaller than Roblox’s Launcher file.

13 Likes

I am currently working on a game based on Seoul, South Korea.
The game is not completed yet.
Here is a picture of it:

9 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, and I have thought about that, but there’s so many lines of code to handle, I would rather let them fill my bar for right now, but I’ll take a look at the resources you suggested.

A few of my plugin’s sources are thousands of lines long. :/

Working on a Showcase.

11 Likes

I’m currently working on a game with a friend. It’s a simple obby game, but it’s going to be my very first game.

1 Like

MURICA!

Also someone try to convince RBLX for 4k texture support

25 Likes

For some fun, I decided to import and script a fully functional TF2 mini-sentry!

24 Likes

Simply using sine waves! One for the X-axis and Y-axis to create a CFrame offset for the Camera:
Number = math.sin(tick() * Frequency) * Amplitude

1 Like