Is it possible to make something like this kind of fire on 2D guis?

Hello guys. As you know, Roblox hasn’e much things for 2D. Only basic ones.
And, I wanted to make fire particle for my game. After some googling, I found this thing:

I know, that there’s no anything that will allow me to cut from other guis, and in 3D this will be impossible (unless actual 3D, but I was referring to Particles and Billboard Guis). But, what’s about 2D (Screen Guis)? Maybe, there’s some hacky ways exist, which can allow to make fire which will be similar to this one, like on 2nd step (3rd is 99% impossible I think).
If you have any ideas, how I can make such thing, can you tell me them?

1 Like

You might wanna look up using some sort of sprite sheet to make the animation for the fire and make it play the sprite like a GIF using some modules/scripts. Should give you the freedom of having the style of fire you’d need as long as you know where to find them or know how to draw them.

Here are some modules that might interest you:

Or you can try to use particles in the GUI using some other modules such as rParticle or UIParticle which should just give you somewhat the same look as a normal 3d particle, though might be a bit harder to mimic the style you’re looking for.

I have not used any of these modules personally, but I think it’s a good place to start looking.

Hope this helps, cheers.

1 Like

Hi, I’d advice against using the SimpleSprite module at least until I update it to use my new coding standards.

Thank you for suggesting it, thought!

1 Like