Is my game Annihilation good?

I have working with Roblox Studio for about 11 months. This is one of my first games that don’t have free models. Annihilation (BETA) - Roblox.

3 Likes

Overall look of the game is decent. The vibe it gives is great! I also love how this game looks like it had time and effort put into it! Your game is pretty good so far! And I would try improving more from this game! Your future is bright!

2 Likes

Hey!

Just my thoughts and feelings poured onto the internet

x Headshots should take full damage.
x Headshot notifications should be locally and not globally (it gets confusing listening to other headshots!).
x The camera is quite annoying – I would prefer zooming in than out.
x Think about having the camera in first person and not third person.
x More maps or making the current map more detailed (adding textures, more buildings, et cetera).
x I am pretty sure that the kill streak is off. I go from kill streak 5 (I do not believe that I actually had five kill streaks, but okay), and a kill later, I unlock kill streak 7. How is that possible?
x Add a kill streak leaderboard. This makes the game more competitive.
x Make the kill streak interface only pop-up when you unlock the next reward.
x Have the game work in intervals of maybe five(5) minutes, and then the kills & deaths reset (you could have the total kills/deaths in a separate interface).
x Making the mouse a different texture than the gun (it is pretty annoying when you go to click your mouse but realize that the tool is not equipped)
x The grenade should travel farther before blowing up.
x It reminds me of an old game played years ago. Try spicing it up and creating new boundaries for Roblox.

Good luck with the game. - :rose:Fallinq

3 Likes

Roblox is supposed to be blocky.

No but lots of good pieces for a good game

By whos standards is it to be blocky? Maybe fourteen years ago that statement would have been true. Open your mind up to the possibilities that Roblox is ever evolving into a game that is straying away from the blocky games similar to Minecraft and incorporate them into your game.

2 Likes

Roblox was made to be blocky. Not to have many shapes.

I like it, but both guns and grenades need a cooldown between firing. I was able to get almost 160 kills in a few minutes with the gun using an auto clicker macro.

Overall, not bad! Good choice on colors and and the overall builds. However, I wish the map was a bit bigger and some different trees around and some rocks. The scripting wasn’t terrible, but the UIs I would change around just a bit and move to maybe a corner of the screen. Good job!

1 Like

Thanks everybody for the feedback I am also doing this solo dev, so everything might not be good.

Before I give my feedback, I’d like to address FallinqSnowFlake’s comments.

Not every game has to push Roblox to its limits, especially when it’s their first fully original game made without the use of free models. Just because it’s possible for some Roblox games to be absolutely outstanding doesn’t mean that everything has to be; there’s nothing wrong with games more in the spirit of old Roblox games. We’ve all gotta start somewhere.

With that out of the way, onto the feedback: it’s quite barebones right now but I think it’s off to a great start! I think there’s always room on Roblox for more arcade-y styled games such as this. The map leaves much to be desired but obviously that’ll be changed. The core gameplay itself is a pretty fun concept of just shooting down your enemies; the killstreak system is a nice reward for skilled play, although I think that maybe it should be smaller buffs. Instant kill or a forcefield seems a bit much, especially considering that if the player is on a high enough killstreak chances are they don’t really need those rewards. Perhaps stuff such as faster reload/fire speed?

That brings me to my next point: the guns are currently overpowered. They currently even leave no need for killstreak rewards beyond speed+jump, especially considering that headshots just instantly kill anyone. I’d recommend lowering the clip size to either 6 or 8 bullets as well as lowering both the fire speed and reload speed slightly. Instead of instant kills or forcefield, killstreaks could buff these slightly and perhaps instant kill headshots could be a high-tier killstreak reward. That being said, there’s no real issue if the intent is for the guns to be overpowered. It certainly creates a faster paced game with constant kills and deaths which I’m not fully opposed to.

Overall, I think it has a lot of potential. I think next the map should be focused on more with careful consideration behind the mechanics; for example, spawning on top of the buildings gives you a huge advantage as its easier to hit heads from there. Maybe instead, there could be a ladder that’s out in the open to climb up that puts you at risk, but if you make it up then you can get rewarded with the easier headshots. Just a quick little idea. Regardless, I can’t wait to see future updates! I think that this has potential to be a great game that can grow alongside you as you learn Studio more. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

If it was made to be blocky, there would not be realistic faces and Rthro in Roblox as of current, I agree with @FallinqSnowFlake, Roblox is ever evolving. Anyways, the GUI is not that great, it is in the middle of my screen for me, the gun is too large and very blocky. Grenade is unrealistic, blows up way too soon and doesnt make a noise.

1 Like

Do you have any updates I can add?

Do you have any updates I can add?

Oh sorry for repeating that. image

You’ve been given feedback, do what the feedback says to change and then ask for more

Can you add some screenshots of the game?

1 Like

1 Like

You may want to add a round starter and the UI needs some work.

Players have no reason to come back, add something like a gun shop and cash .