Is roproxy bad or not?

I’ve seen posts around forum and reddit saying it’s against the TOS using roproxy, but people seem to use it anyways.
I reached a point I need proxies for API Requests and I don’t know if i should create my own proxy (which idk how) or just use roproxy (Like some people do)

Using roproxy as an example but works for other famous public proxies out there. What am I supposed to do? Why don’t roblox just allow us to do API Requests from our games directly without proxies? I thought Open Cloud was going to allow us to do that

i think you can use it, heres more information:

The thing with roproxy is that you have no control over something you’re responsible for. For example if the roproxy creator one day decides to return a bunch of swears or fake information instead of returning the expected data, it wont be their fault but yours if the game gets banned. This is always a recipe for disaster and the only thing protecting you against it is its slight chance of triggering.

Another issue is that, assuming the creator was to go rogue, the cookies you pass in the request headers could be stolen or misused. Meaning the creator has the potential to sell or use accounts for inappropriate reasons, performing actions as you.

Also while you’re running code in studio the requests are made from your computer, meaning it has the potential to IP grab you, and when they’re made from a game server they can be back-tracked into which server of which game made them, meaning that if a proxy is malicious it can also have a list of all the games that are actively using it.