Is there a way to preload sections of a terrain?

This is my first time working with the “Terrain” in Roblox and I’m using it to make my outdoor locations look smoother. I know the reason further away stuff renders in lower quality for performance reasons, but here’s the thing:

For those of you who haven’t heard of a game called “I’m on Observation Duty” on Steam, all you really need to know is your looking at cameras throughout a location. The problem is that in my fan game when switching cameras if a camera is further away from the previous one the game takes a second to catch up loading the terrain at the new location. causing the terrain to “freak out” for a moment.

here’s a clip:

When switching from the Gazebo to the House there is no problems at all (because they are closer together)
But when switching from the Gazebo to the Lake (it’s the furthest cameras apart) you can see the sand piercing through the cement the car is on. with other stuff too.

Is there a way to fix this? or like having a “part” at each ascent camera keeping it loaded so when you flip the camera you wont see the terrain change?

Thanks!

This is more so dependent on graphics quality. What is your graphics quality set to when testing the game?

1 Like

its at 5/10 but the problem with that is i cant force players to use a curtain graphics quality.

…right?

I dont think so but in order to prevent the pop in being too severe it would be better if you tested on 10/10.

Wait a sec… this is the guy who was so smart he taught me how to click spacebar to jump… ty!!

I thought not, but I saw a post asking how to do it, and someone responded and it looked like they forced the player to have a graphics quality. But not a great idea cause they could lag.

Yeah, there may not be a solution? I tried putting my graphics on max, that didn’t work. I also did find a discussion saying that if you change the Camera.Focus to the new position before moving the camera.CFrame that that would fix it, but that didn’t seem to work for me either. Then again, the discussion was back in 2020 :confused:

here’s that discussion:

Put a transition screen in, like a TV static that lasts only 1 second to mask the issue

I don’t think that there’s any way to preload terrain. Only thing I can suggest you is to make mesh or build same terrain out of parts.