Is there a way to set a "Spawn Point" for your camera in ROBLOX Studio?

Hello. I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to set a “spawn point” for your camera in studio?

This is posted in the build support section, because there isn’t a studio support section. Also it may somewhat relate to my building, as I need to fly over there to reach it.

Anyways, when I open studio on a game, I spawn very far from where I want to be.

As shown here:

It takes me 21 full scrolls to reach where I want to be, and believe me, that can be tiring sometimes.

I don’t want to have to select a brick and click F everytime I want to go over there. Any solutions, other than just moving things closer to the spawn?

In non-Team Create places, your camera will spawn where it was when the game was last published. For Team Create, I believe the camera always spawns at the center of the world (I’m guessing there were design challenges, as multiple people are working on different parts of the game). To address this, you can:

• Write a plugin that stores your camera CFrame and publishes that with the game, so when you return the plugin can move your camera to that location (you can even configure it per-user)
  • Use an existing plugin which makes it easier to get to different parts of your map e.g. Waypoint Jumper
  • Make a feature request for better default behavior
4 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll be sure to download that plugin, it looks very helpful :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about this, but can’t you select any model/part in the Explorer and press F to be teleported to it’s location?

I made a plugin that saves your camera position in team create. Check it out!

2 Likes

Yes, but I’d rather not do that everytime i join studio.

1 Like

I’ll be sure to check it out, thanks.