Is there anyway to become a UGC creator?

Is there anyway to become a UGC creator?

36 Likes

no, is roblox choose who going be able to create the ugc items right now, and maybe later roblox going let to everyone make ugc items.

20 Likes

I hope not, it’ll be a disaster if Roblox makes the UGC creation thing public. Everyone will copy each other’s items.

44 Likes

I thought that you had to showcase your item to them on twitter ?

12 Likes

The two ways to get access to UGC is to be in the star creator program or be selected by Roblox.

11 Likes

How exactly do you get picked by Roblox themselves? Is there something which you must apply which Roblox then bases off and decides on whether you should become a UGC creator?

11 Likes

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/ugc-catalog-is-now-live/331405/9

7 Likes

Thank You for the link. I have been trying to see how they can accept me in

5 Likes

Ok, unless your a youtube eligible of getting in the star program (which I assume you are not for the purpose of this explanations) this is from what I have seen the best way of getting into the program:

Regularly tweet UGC accessories you made for ‘fun’ with the #RobloxDev hashtag, befriend some people already in the UGC program, maybe even make some UGC items for star creators and get them to credit you in the description.

Unfortunately as you can see the system is rather bias and based on who you know and your offsite reputation, however from what I know this is the best way to get in.

15 Likes

Thank you for the feedback . I really appreciate it

5 Likes

Hello I5ml,
Currently no, ROBLOX chooses the people who become UGC creators. I do not personally enjoy this as I have been 3D modeling for 3 years and then they gave a youtube UGC abilities, but sadly that is how the platform is currently working.
ConfinedDev

5 Likes

If you are still wondering, hooray! Today, Roblox has opened a survey for you to have a chance of becoming a UGC creator!

10 Likes

They would do that, but people would also just be able to copy any roblox created item like the dominus, and everything will lose it’s value.

5 Likes

6 Likes