Is there some way, how to detect, that player isnt bot?

Use image buttons and make them click one with a car or something.

2 Likes

Problem of roblox captcha is, that it have small number of images, so i think, that someone made bot, that knows them all, or at least 4/5

2 Likes

Just make your own system. You don’t have to do captcha.

3 Likes

You can have a buffer game and have manual verification where they just need to click a button then they get teleported to the real game, but I think that might just be it.

2 Likes

I also had idea to create some interactive tutorial, and they must complete it to get permission to play the game (i will save their id to datastore)

2 Likes

Here is a good method that should prevent bots from joining by kicking them.

5 Likes

Preventing bots from joining games is not something you as the developer can handle except for some ugly workarounds, so you should focus on the actual issue…

What is it that you’re trying to stop specifically? Bots only join games for a brief moment to be able to do something. Are you trying to prevent mass downvotes? Won’t happen so long as the rating system is awful. Are you trying to prevent scam messages? Use a Lua Chat System command module to prevent processing of a message if it’s comprised of certain key phrases used in scams.

2 Likes

Bots join, say their scam message and leave. You could use a Chat Module that prevents the processing of messages, sent by players who haven’t been in the current server for more than like 30 seconds.

2 Likes

@MrLegendaryDoge
@PostApproval
@Sonnenroboter
You are talking about chat messages, but I have problem with bots, that just join and fill player spot, ik, that this bot doesn’t exist now, but when someone create it, I want to make it as hard as possible to let it join battle, bec when the server fill, it will close, so potential bots are devastating.

1 Like

I don’t think someone’s going to create bots that just join and do nothing.
These’d be useless, and just a waste of time and ressources.

4 Likes

You could have an example, before the player plays the game, a UI pops up asking a simple question, if they get it right, they can continue, but if they get it wrong they get kicked.

3 Likes

Maybe it annoys the players and makes them quit the game.

2 Likes

You could do a math equation or a simple question at the beginning of the game, with a countdown, if the answer is not given in that max time then the game kicks them. And of course they can’t use chat if they don’t solve it. I don’t have any other idea sincerely… depends on what bot as they behave differently…
Good luck!

2 Likes

I think, that the tutorial will be best.

1 Like

Yes, a tutorial would be nice, and if the tutorial is completed then the player can use the chat.

1 Like

I could be wrong about the way these bots are designed, but a simple solution from my perspective would be to create a simple splash screen that requires the player to use a mouse or tap on the screen to click a UI based button that just says play. Until that button has been pressed, chat is disabled. A bot, in theory shouldn’t be capable of pressing this button so they won’t be able to chat.

Simple, intuitive, effective.

1 Like

I think this severely overstates a bots capabilities.
Most bots are programmed, at least as far as I know, to simply join game, chat, leave, join new game and repeat.

A bot isn’t programmed to manipulate an other portion of game code. Because of that, just simply disabling the chat until the player presses the play button, should be more than effective in eliminating bot spam.

The issue with a complicated captcha will be younger players unable to figure it out or older players who don’t care to mess with it.
A play button mitigates even this risk.

2 Likes

I know this isn’t an easy option and almost shouldn’t be done because it would take to long or is just annoying. One method is making them go to a website verify themselves and use the reCAPTCHA then have the roblox server gather those ids that are not bots. The other method would require complicated algorithms to detect if their mouse movement and player movement is too robotic, linear, snappy, etc. These are possible but are way to much for a roblox game to implement

1 Like

Option a) also my idea, but it can be bad for new players, bec they will just play game, in that they mustnt visit third party web side
b) this is good idea, but the bot can just have some randomiser so it will have offset

1 Like

Yes, and this is where you head into the complicated sides of detecting bots. What I just said with detecting movement is pretty much what reCAPTCHA does. (reCAPTCHA also checks IPs, search history, etc) but you get the premise. Basically what I’m saying is that there isn’t an easy way to fix without doing what I said. Just try to stick to detecting chat spam and mouse movements.

3 Likes