Is this allowed? Bromsgrove England

So I was, a developer for the Roblox game for Bromsgrove England. However, I was falsely fired for 3 fake reasons to avoid a payment that I was meant to receive. The owner called bean, gave 3 false reasons. Number one was that I didn’t anchor my builds, this was false. Second, was that my builds were complained about, my friends in the server said this was false, and finally he said to members of the game that I nuked the server, also false. I want to know if this is allowed to happen, it happened just before a payment I was meant to receive

12 Likes

If they are refusing to pay you for your work, of course that isn’t allowed and you can and should take legal action. Workplaces that fire people are required to send their last paycheck.

11 Likes

If all the allegations are false and your work was completed before payment, that would not be allowed.

8 Likes

The owner blocked me when I asked for a real reason and my payment, it was many tone made on Robux so I don’t think I can take action but he is telling the community false reasons when I’m banned and blocked lmao, I have friends telling me what’s going on

3 Likes

Talk to a lawyer. Blocking people cannot protect a corrupt employer from the law.

8 Likes

Roblox themselves cant take much action if your business was done off the platform, but you can try to take legal action yourself.

3 Likes

If he is scamming you for fake reasons, you can definitely take action. Report him or contact Roblox.

4 Likes

Basically a huge bug happened with the game, and me and a team were set to fix it, however after doing so and before we received the payment I was banned for no reason and I can’t take any legal action as it was meant to be made with Roblox currency

2 Likes

Roblox currency, which can be exchanged for real money? You still have a case. It’s no different from, say, someone scamming you out of your best chair when they were meant to trade you their own in exchange.

4 Likes

You could still take action in Roblox.
Also just because it was paid in Robux doesn’t mean it wasn’t illegal. You were promised currency, you took time out of your day, and didn’t get any. Also Disgustedorito is correct can be expanded for real money.

2 Likes

Do I report this on the Roblox support forum?

1 Like

What platform was this business conducted on? Discord?

1 Like

If it was on Roblox eg. through the creator hub, then yes. Otherwise, talk to a lawyer, as Roblox has little control outside of Roblox itself.

3 Likes

The game is on Roblox, named Bromsgrove England, and I was banned from the discord server for false reasons and when anyone asks for proof they are ghosted, and in my case blocked, I was also removed if my roles in the group and probably kicked soon

1 Like

Yeah, Roblox probably won’t take any action against them since you spoke off platform.

1 Like

How much was he promising? If it was a big amount this could be serious.

1 Like

So it happened through Discord and not through Roblox?

You need to contact a lawyer. Though threat of legal action on its own may get them to pay up without a lawsuit, there’s a chance it will not.

1 Like

Well because we fixed the game, and there are around 6 devs, he said 60K group funds would be shared between us, so my payment would have been in the thousands

1 Like

That is decently high. You need to take action. How long ago did this happen?

1 Like

That is over $100 per dev, well into lawsuit territory. Threaten legal action and talk to a lawyer.

5 Likes