Is this game regarding the stock market allowed?

My game is a Simulator which has in game cash. The point is to get rich drive cars like the rich and just be rich. The way this happens is by using the in-game “Stock market”. You buy stocks of made up companys that are always at a fixed price then like in Farming and Friends the prices increase over time as you are in the game and when you chose to sell them you get that money per stock. Either higher or lower than what you paid before. I also want to add devproducts so you can get more cash like in games like Bloxburg, Jailbreak and so many others. I would also like to add some gampasses. I want this game to be legally and not break any rules that Roblox has.

I think If the game Above Farming and Friends is allowed to have a system where you buy seeds and then you sell them to either make some or none profit that I should be able to make this game.

Do You think this is legal?
  • Yes (I will explain why in comments)
  • No (I will explain why in comments)
  • Other (I will explain why in comments)

0 voters

2 Likes

Definitely allowed. Faave has a game called Stock Market Simulator, and that’s allowed. So why shouldn’t this be allowed?

Allowed up until this point. No cash purchases allowed. Stock market simulation falls under Roblox’s gambling policy so you’re expected not to allow players to be able to purchase currency that will be used in the stock market as it’d be possible to lose cash (and thus Robux).

See similar threads for more information:

5 Likes

Okay I clicked yes but I’m not completely sure actually in hindsight. The one issue is roblox rules state “Gambling with Robux or real money” isn’t allowed. Your game has the potential for players to purchase currency and then completely lose it; I would call that gambling.

You should have players always win something, but with some probability of winning more than usual.

Bad advice. You should never follow the “someone else does it, so you can too” principle especially as a blanket statement because this fails to acknowledge any fine print details or if the exact case is allowed to begin with. That’s especially so here. If the initial situation isn’t allowed to begin with and this principle is followed, you could be encouraging rulebreaking.

Every game’s circumstances are different and context needs to be taken into account when responding to these kinds of questions lest you give wrongful advice and, if followed at face value, could result in moderation action against the developer who followed that advice.

Stock market simulation is okay as long as it does not involve Robux in purchasing cash or anything of the sort. If it’s possible to put cash in and lose that cash to gambling or stock systems, it follows the gambling policy because players can lose their Robux without getting anything back.

It’s fine as long you don’t create any from of gambling, so please avoid any microtransactions that would promote gambling such as additional cash or luck increasers.

1 Like

Faave is a famous youtuber, his game has not been taken down. In fact, I think it might even have some gambling?
I don’t see why not.
Actually, I do see what you mean by losing robux from this game.
Also gambling against ToS

1 Like

A player’s status has no bearing on how moderation is enacted on the developer community. Roblox doesn’t police content so they need a reason to investigate games and this often done through receiving reports or automated flags. If the game hasn’t been taken down, then it is either in compliance with the guidelines or it has not been flagged.

Just because others do something, doesn’t mean you should use that as an okay. Again: if it isn’t actually allowed and you apply this “others do it so you can too” principle, you could be encouraging rulebreaking or doing said rulebreaking yourself. Rules need to be looked at.

Gambling is against the Terms of Service when real money is involved, thus Robux. If Robux cannot be tied to any of your systems, you are allowed to make gambling systems. From that point on, it’s more of a question of personal ethics and morals involved in the system’s creation than rules.

Wait, are you saying that robux is tied to his systems?
Simple fix: Don’t sell in game cash dev products.

No…? I’m saying if it can be. Please don’t misquote me. My posts are enough for explanation on the circumstances regarding stock market simulation/gambling, I do not need them repeated in an incorrect manner. Thank you!

1 Like

So are gamepasses allowed then or no?

An example gamepass would be a car gamepass.

Also since making devproducts is a no no for this type of game how has’nt farming and friends been told anything.

Its literally what my system is but with farming?

Could I make cosmetics? Like gear and such?

It’s allowed if the stocks only go up. If it’s based on chance, like say a 50% chance that you will gain and a 50% chance you will lose money, then that falls under gambling and is not allowed

Its like Farming and Friends.

You buy seeds make crops then sell then sometimes to the selling prices are low sometimes they are high then repeat. The selling prices change ever 5 mins.

Does that make sence?

So they fluctuate between generating profit and generating losses? I think if with enough waiting the player can always generate a profit then it’s not gambling

1 Like

So like 5 min like in farming and friends? You think thats good enogh waiting time?

Yeah that sounds good :slightly_smiling_face:

Technically, would it be allowed for devproducts to exist IF players earned something out of it? Meaning, the stock market couldn’t hit zero so at all times the player is earning something.

Yeah it will be within in a price range of selling depending on the company.