Is this game regarding the stock market allowed?

Game passes are allowed because they aren’t tied to your stock system and it’s not possible for a player to lose out on their purchase. You just need to ensure that the purchase is being honoured (as in the game pass gives the player exactly what they paid for) and does not manipulate the chances of success or loss in your stock market.

Again, it’s really bad to use other games as justification or talking points when it comes to the rules. Every game’s circumstances are different from each other and their dealings are really not your business. You ought to stop bringing this game up in your threads.

If there’s reason to believe another game is breaking the rules, that’ll be handled then. Additionally, there’s a good number of people who don’t know what this game is which further makes it confusing and unnecessary to bring up. Focus on your own game’s circumstances.

If you’re explaining what another game is doing as a reference point for what you’d like to do rather than “if I can’t why can they” or similar, then that’s a better case.

This one is a gray area that you may want to contact Developer Engagement about rather than taking any comments here at face value. It’s worth remembering that we’re not staff and cannot give you authoritative answers, but some answers are objectively better than others.

If the sole purpose of creating a crop is to later sell it, I personally would ensure that the selling price cannot be lower than the buying price to avoid the player losing any profit. You could also simply not monetise this interaction and it’d be allowed.

You don’t have to monetise the main currency here, you can easily think of other ways to monetise your game without falling under gray areas (morally, ethically and regulatory). The easiest way to do this is to divorce Robux from systems where chance and loss are involved.

Developer products themselves aren’t strictly outlawed. There’s two main principles:

• Currency that can be lost without returns of equal value cannot be tied to Robux.
  • Robux spent cannot rig chances in favour of or against anyone, including developers.

The gambling policy’s main principle is honouring purchases and ensuring that players are not putting real money into a system where it’s possible to lose money. Think of that in mind, be critical and be prudent when developing systems involving chance and Robux (whether Robux is directly or indirectly involved, no matter how many steps it takes for that to happen).

3 Likes

I played the game. It literally is gambling.

Mine is not like that at all. If his is not going down theres no way mine is. I don’t want to promte gambling in any way shape or form. I belive his game does.

Thank You all especally @colbert2677 and others for answering my questions. I am begening devlopment and can’t wait for the game to come out. Still waiting on a scripter though.

Monitization Might be a problem but I will find a way.

Thank You all
:smiley:

1 Like

Having stocks in a game is not a violation of the Roblox Community Rules. People might say it’s gambling however gambling is not allowed if it includes Robux or real life currency. So if you do not have any products to buy money to invest or whatever you should be fine. https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Rules?source=search&auth_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjoyNjU2MywidXNlcl9pZCI6Mzk4OTUyMjk2MzkxLCJ0aWNrZXRfaWQiOjI1ODgwOTQ0LCJjaGFubmVsX2lkIjo2MywidHlwZSI6IlNFQVJDSCIsImV4cCI6MTYxMTg3OTA3M30.uez6thG4Q5eskGzNQTieTR3Y_yf7TG1rOzT1uPBYCmQ

Yes, but with two rules.

• You cannot bid for Robux
  • You cannot bid for a currency that is bought with Robux

I do not know how you will do this, you will need to talk with the developers of those games and follow the two rules I listed above.

You talking about the guy that should get terminated. (Just realised that this post is 2 year’s old)

1 Like