Is this image inappropriate!?

I got warned

Offensive Item

I had to upload an image as a group icon as it’s required to create a group so I uploaded this.
(Would prefer that it isn’t required)

Well my head is spinning unsure of what is going on.

I have uploaded this as a Decal a long time ago and nothing happened, I included it in my game’s thumbnails and nothing happened.

I understand that the algorithm has flaws and due to the circumstances I’m not upset about this but rather confused if the image is inappropriate or a false-positive.

What do you guys think?

5 Likes

Did the warning provide a specific category that marks the image as inappropriate?

my best guess is you can’t make a parody of age rating labels.

1 Like

That’s all the information I have sorry I couldn’t provide more even if I wanted to. :joy:

2 Likes

This might be far fetched but, the age rating “A” could also represent the age rating “Adult”, so I guess the moderator marked this as a misleading image? … because this could potentially mislead children into stuff?

Edit: this may be useful

1 Like

Well I am not really sure, but I think that this may be inappropriate because it is a reference to something that symbolize innppropriate stuff. Correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

“A” could be many things; Ant, Adult, Alcohol, Awesome, but it clearly says Awesome, I don’t know how they could have missed it, I would assume that it’s a flaw that the algorithm has.

It was noted by a moderator however, not automation.

Edit:
What I would do if I were in a situation like this is to email Roblox support.

• All Text is Visible :white_check_mark:
  • No Drugs :white_check_mark:
  • No Alcohol :white_check_mark:
  • Not Audio :white_check_mark:
  • Not Dating :white_check_mark:
  • Not Clickbait :white_check_mark: – Well I said it’s Awesome so that’s 100% legit! :sunglasses:

It can be automated unless they copy and paste it for everyone, I doubt that because it’s clearly bad communication.

Great idea! I shall do exactly that.

2 Likes

The moderators that approve/decline images are real people, not bots. Otherwise, I wouldn’t need to upload some of my images several times hoping that they get accepted! /snark

4 Likes

From my experience anything could be inappropriate on Roblox :rofl:

Even their own images that I re-uploaded;

Original
Jack in the Box - Roblox
Re-Upload

and that’s the problem I don’t know what is what anymore

4 Likes

I honestly see nothing wrong with this, I have no idea why you would be warned for his. :thinking: You’re the new Flamingo, gets banned for saying “yes”.

1 Like

Telling them in the Name field seems to make a difference (This is not the only time it’s worked for me by telling them in the name)

11 Likes

Sadly this isn’t a decal, it’s a Group Image.

Although your methods inspire me!

From now on I’ll name my Files before upload as “Accept this Image to get a raise!”

5 Likes

Asking here won’t do you much, non-staff can’t really give you a reliable answer. If you have an issue with moderation on an asset, make a post in the Moderation Review Requests category regarding the asset’s moderation.

1 Like

Sounds promising, Which groups are those?

Sadly I don’t have access to Moderation Review Requests but I can DM related personnels.

A is the adult rating from the ESRB, so thats probably the reason behind it not being accepted. A is only used for games with enough criteria to not be allowed to be a M (mature) rating.

6 Likes

That’s a good point. Most games rate Ao are beyond not appropriate for Roblox. Here’s a screenshot of how the ESRB determines Ao games:

While your statement is valid and makes perfect sense I would argue that my Image explicitly expresses itself as “A” for “Awesome” not only that but it also doesn’t have any ESRB logo.

It doesnt matter your intent; the fact it resembles the adult ESRB rating itself simply by the A is the reason why.

1 Like

You would be implying that if I changed the “A” to “F” for Fantastic it wouldn’t resembles adult ESRB rating or any other inappropriate related item.

1 Like