Issue with animation playing only with keyframes with cubic easing style

I’m making a NPC that sits in a rocking chair and I decided to just make it all one rig and animate it. I have the animation made in the animation editor all the keyframes have cubic as the easing style with variable easing directions. However when I play the animation in a game it looks like its either jumping or not easing right. Here is what it looks like in the animation editor:
https://gyazo.com/0c0de3f02cc9e0b9df0caf29b8165692
When its being played on a humanoid in game it looks like this:
https://gyazo.com/7a63b8987618d5fb9882aeb000350fa9
When I switch the keyframes to linear, it looks fine when played.

3 Likes

As a temporary workaround, swap the EasingDirections in and out while editing your animation.

1 Like

Hmm, yea since my animation could be represented with an inout easing direction I just used that and it worked.
Edit: If they do fix this would it break all existing animations that currently were adjusted to compensate for this bug?

I doubt they’d make breaking changes, they’d rather update the animation editor to show the correct animations and EasingDirections. Doing otherwise would break most existing animations on Roblox, that’d be too harsh.

Off topic, sorry to bump but I had to ask. Is this Kingdom Come: Deliverance music? I love that game.

It’s crazy this post was made back in 2020, it’s 2022 and the problem still hasn’t been fixed.

7 Likes

2023, still not fixed to this day

Almost 2024. still not yet fixed :confused:

If swapping easing direction works then. I made a code that swap animation easing direction in an instant.
Copy, paste it into the command bar. Change the “TargetAnimation” variable and it should works

local TargetAnimation = workspace.NPCName.AnimSaves.Shooting

local Exist = TargetAnimation.Parent:FindFirstChild(TargetAnimation.Name.."(Easing Directions corrected)") 
if Exist then warn("Got rid of duplicate animation") Exist:Destroy() end

local AnimationClone = TargetAnimation:Clone()
AnimationClone.Name = AnimationClone.Name.."(Easing Directions corrected)"
AnimationClone.Parent = TargetAnimation.Parent
for i,v in pairs(AnimationClone:GetDescendants()) do
	if v:IsA("Pose") and v.EasingStyle == Enum.PoseEasingStyle.Cubic then
		v.EasingDirection =  v.EasingDirection == Enum.PoseEasingDirection.Out and Enum.PoseEasingDirection.In or Enum.PoseEasingDirection.Out 
		warn("Changed pose easing direction")
	end 
end
1 Like

yup, i know. im absolutely shocked at the lack of something so crucial in the platform

Thanks for sharing it still not solved