Issue with Grow Tool - Terrain Editor

Hello fellow landscapers and terrain artists,

I’ve recently stumbled upon an issue with the grow tool, as it has been functioning very oddly for me lately. Whenever I hold down on the right click of my mouse, the tool has been fading(?) into the void of terrain, and am currently unaware on how to solve/ get back to normal. I have included a gif showing the issue included below.

Gif regarding my issue

TerrainIssue

If anyone knows how to solve this problem, feel free to assist in the replies, as this is affecting my landscaping ability. I have looked for answers everywhere and thought it’d be best to ask one of you all here.

4 Likes

Is plane lock enabled? because if it is, your cursor will be locked to whatever plane your camera is facing. I’m guessing it’s not though since there’s no grid appearing?

This has already been reported.

Nope, oddly the same issue occurs when plane lock is enabled as well :confused:

Have the same problem. When you have added a certain amount of terrain, the grow tool disappears into the terrain and you can’t apply more terrain.

Edit: In this post, users report that disabling some beta features can fix this bug!

Hello there,

Make sure you do the following regarding the problem.

• Pivot Position: Set to Center.

• Enable the Plane Lock option.

• Disable the Snap to Grid and Ignore Water options.

• If you are going to add it to the field, be sure to try the “Add” option.

If the problem persists, restart Roblox Studio.
    The category that relates to the problem: @Bug-Support

I hope I could help.

Sincerely,
@dikyar9

There was an error in the code of the terrain editor in which made everyone was experience the same issue, and Roblox has patched the bug since then.