Issues with seats - player tripping on enter, vehicle seats not working

Hi, while working on my game I’ve experienced some issues with seats, the character will trip once sitting down and then be teleported back to the seat, this issue only happens sometimes in game, but it happens for all seats: anchored or not anchored, it also seems to happen to all players.

My issue with this is that it breaks vehicle seats for the lifeboats, as seen in the video, the display does not show up and the player cannot control the lifeboat when this is usually not an issue. Re-entering the seat doesn’t solve this.

I have searched the Dev Forum for this issue but couldn’t find much regarding it.

Thank you.

I believe the main issue would be performance as the original version doesn’t have this, will need to lower part counts.

1 Like

I have solved this issue by re-creating the seats (I made the mistake of converting my seats after the update), so make sure your seats are created from scratch.

1 Like

I don’t think this would work- all seats are affected, not just lifeboats.

I think you can just simply rotate the seats by 90 degree anti-clockwise.

Please refer to the full post, happens to all seats not just the rotated one. Cheers.

So this problem is because the character goes into the sitting state but for some reason the seat weld isn’t created on the client simultaneously.

I’m not sure why that would break your lifeboat code, Seat.Occupant should still be working correctly. Do you use the Throttle and Torque values for movement? I recall there being a bug with those sometimes.

How often does this happen?

It looks like the problem is from latency (might be a bug on Roblox’s part). If the problem is latency and a bug, then it’s actually probably the number of physics parts.

1 Like

Yes I think it might be a ROBLOX issue; the lifeboat vehicle seat script detects the weld from the player sitting (weird script) , it’s always been like this even before the issue. The bug only happens once the ship is almost half way through the sinking (Likely when performance is worse due to the moving parts).

Maybe I should switch out the seat detect system?

You could try just adding some code to manually position and weld the character on the client.

After fixing the physics, the next problem is the UI.

What events do you use to signal opening and closing the UI?

Okay. There’s no custom GUI for the lifeboat, just the standard vehicle seat Hud, which doesn’t show up.

1 Like

Well that’s certainly a Roblox bug. I don’t know how to fix that besides maybe manually calling the sit function or setting the occupant.

It might be this bug:

Though the OP says that bug is only for using the Sit method.

None of the reports have the miss matched sitting and welding behavior in the video above, though there are a few more cases of similar things reported:

(No updates, but also only for the Sit method)

(Fixed)

I’ve seen this happen in games with high latency. Can you show us your Performance Stats while playing?

Recorded while bug was happening.

I’m 99% sure the high ping is causing it. It probably has something to do with the physics in your experience. It could also be caused if you’re cloning a lot of parts.

I should have put this a lot earlier [and been able to fix it earlier]- to fix this I simply turned down the rate at which the ship sinks [increasing time intervals and increasing movement for CFrame], this fixed the issue. So if you are experiencing this issue [I have seen it on some of my friends’ games]- check your performance!

Still though, a fix would be nice :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.