It's way too hard finding quality projects on the Talent Hub

In all honesty, if I was working 10 robux per small asset (Like food models at the maximum.) I would be fine with that. But the grammar… The grammar gives away it was made by some 10 year old. I have seen many of these recently. I am not saying you need to verify your Roblox account to be on Talent Hub! But maybe better or accurate moderation would help combat this issue.

6 Likes

This is far too true, roblox should not have removed collaboration until they had perfected the moderation and features of the talent hub. Another big thing is that it has so much more potential to be 10x better than collaboration but it was implemented so wrong. If roblox gets better moderation on there to prevent things like this(Ex: 10 Robux for a 90 Minute Session), (500 Robux for a map that will take 5 - 9 hours)

The talent hub just seems like a missed oportunity for roblox.

-Suit

19 Likes

Hi all! Thanks for all the useful feedbacks! The talent hub team will review all the requests and plan for the works! We really want to make the product to be helpful for all the creators so please stay tune!

29 Likes

I agree with this but think this should be expanded even more, sometimes the body of the descriptions say things like “Pay is negotiable” without stating the budget or an estimate of what they’re looking to pay. If I am going to be applying for a long commission where I have to create a system for you and it’s going to take me 40 hours, then I apply, then you tell me your budget is 1000 robux, you tell me how much you undervalue my work. This is borderline scamming on its own, you should be able to tell people about how much they’re being paid. At least give me a number and we can negotiate BEFORE I do any work. There has to be a quality filter for payment as well, if you’re giving 100 robux for 10 meshes, that is also essentially being scammed.

Timeframe should also be listed for long-term projects. If I’m going to have to rush myself, and I find that out after I apply, I’m going to be stressed and pressured until I finally give you a buggy/half broken result because I won’t have time to test because my schedule wouldn’t be suited to work with yours.

We need a quality filter for appliers as well. I’ve taken several applications that have said “hi” or “me plz i’m so good at _____!!!” and looking at their profile, they have no examples, and their message has no examples either.

Finally, we need some sort of insurance. If I’m doing this as a way to earn a little extra money, I need it to be risk-free. I don’t want there to be a chance that I’m going to be scammed because bob49958349 refuses to give me what I worked for.

The end.

Sorry to say, but you’re seriously undervaluing your work.

As per devex rates, one robux is $0.0035. At R$10 per asset, you’re making 3.5 cents per asset. To make a single dollar, you will have to make 28.5 models. Suppose you’re able to pump out 1 asset per minute, you’re making 60 assets per hour, 3.5cents * 60minutes = $2.10 per hour. Hiring someone for $2.10/hour is illegal, not to mention scummy. And that’s reduced even more with the adjustments you will have to inevitably make.

You need to stop working for these people, your work is sure as hell worth more than that.

19 Likes

I fully agree with this. The pay some developers offer is just criminal.

6 Likes

I really do think that adding a Response Rate for developers posting job applications will make them take their own posts seriously. There’s plenty of job posts on the Talent Hub right now that aren’t actually even open- they just let it continue to run and they end up neglecting the growing application pool because they don’t want to deal with the hassle of rejecting or closing the post.

3 Likes

These people which underpay you are cheapskates and basically, criminals. they expect a whole map to be done in 5/9 hours and you get like 50 robux only from that. Who the hell will take that offer?

I think this should be implemented

Directly show compensation without needing to click on the job.

Allow to show jobs which only has your desired minimum and maximum robux.

4 Likes

Not to mention it’s inactivity!

Chances are, devs are checking the DevForum, not the Talent Hub, so the Talent Hub gets almost no jobs for some areas. For example, I’m unable to find any recently posted UI design jobs, even with verified filter disabled!

3 Likes

On my opinion, the best things to do is the following:
-Use same verification as voice chat (you just need an account already verified and with maybe a phone number verified).
-Review system, that mean when you get recruited or recruit someone you can make a review (from 1 to 5 stars) and comment (It can limit scams, like when you see the review).

Thanks for reading, that’s my opinion.

Edit: that’s an exemple of what need to be moderated

3 Likes

This wou,d make things much worse. The talent hub is not limited to only people 13+ and even people 13+ might not have a phone. You have to realise that not everyone has a phone or even wants a phone. You can much more eisily say that somebody has a pho e if they are 16+. Just because most people have phones does nkt mean that everyone does. I know a lot of people who don’t have phones. Infact most of the people I know don’t have phones. And not everyone wants to give away yheir identity. People who dont have their driver’s permit or a drivers license might not have an Id. Especially those who don’t travel cross country. If everyone did, then there would be a lot more people verified.

This would only decrease the amount of people geting the help they need. If a developer didn’t have very much robux then how would they ever be a le to hire people? Lets say someone had a game I dea that had a 100% chance of extremely good success, but the dev only had sometjing like 200 robux. With this feuture people would just pass the topic by and lose out on something good untill some big company or someone with a ton of robux came along and made a game on it.

Not everyone who says stuff like this is acting. I agree that you should have to give a base payment but come on, negotiating based on someones work os pretty much how you pay someone. Would you pay someone who was terrible 40k robux because that was your base payment? Of course not! Negotiating is how both devs come out happy with what they got.

1 Like

You’re not going to hire any people if you aren’t transparent about payment and pay competitively compared to the applicant’s experience.

The payment should be clearly displayed on the page so people can make the right decisions while looking for jobs.

6 Likes

How is that relevant? There is litterally a compensation erea to put down what the payment is. If someone won’t tell you how much they’ll pay you then I wouldn’t work for them either.

So I think that it would be a good feature just it would need to be optional.

2 Likes

For developers who are good, yes but for new devs and people who have never done a commission before and should be doing it for free, 10 robux would be a deal. As a new dev you should never over value yourself. Especially when your just starting out. If you’ve never done a commission before I wouldn’t hire you inless it was free. But on the other hand if a dev has experience then I would pay anywhere for 500 to 50k robux based on their work. Any less would be a crime to the developer.

I feel like I have better chances finding projects on fiverr than the talent hub

3 Likes

10 Robux = 0.035 USD as of current rates. If you don’t have a reasonable budget, don’t hire developers imo. Regardless of experience, new developers should still get a reasonable compensation. And developers are free to charge however much they want. Don’t like it? Find someone else.

10 Likes

DevForum need to add a meme section :rofl:
This guy asking other to be near UK, speak good english and be 11+ while he’s like 4 years old…
Literally no grammar

10 Robux for a game?
:skull_and_crossbones: :chart_with_downwards_trend:

6 Likes

Honestly I don’t use the talent hub anymore because I don’t trust anyone there and every single I’ve seen there, not gonna but trash.

2 Likes

There are also some other projects that asked for specific roles (scripter, builder, etc…), but instead of using specific tags, they just add all tags, which is mildly annoying when you use the filter.

1 Like

Not only is it hard, but sometimes there are things that arent even projects at all.

Most of us can agree that asking someone to fix their script and giving them 2-10 robux worth of payment is not a “project” and ruins the talent hub. It also has the title “Pls i need help”.

I think there needs to be some moderation on the talent hub, (or if there already is, it should be better), because this obviously belongs in a Scripting Support post on the devforum, not on the talent hub.

5 Likes

It’s fine if they can’t use it, but they expect too much from the seller. A lot of people can’t do much but expects a lot from others, sigh