It's way too hard finding quality projects on the Talent Hub

How is that relevant? There is litterally a compensation erea to put down what the payment is. If someone won’t tell you how much they’ll pay you then I wouldn’t work for them either.

So I think that it would be a good feature just it would need to be optional.

2 Likes

For developers who are good, yes but for new devs and people who have never done a commission before and should be doing it for free, 10 robux would be a deal. As a new dev you should never over value yourself. Especially when your just starting out. If you’ve never done a commission before I wouldn’t hire you inless it was free. But on the other hand if a dev has experience then I would pay anywhere for 500 to 50k robux based on their work. Any less would be a crime to the developer.

I feel like I have better chances finding projects on fiverr than the talent hub

3 Likes

10 Robux = 0.035 USD as of current rates. If you don’t have a reasonable budget, don’t hire developers imo. Regardless of experience, new developers should still get a reasonable compensation. And developers are free to charge however much they want. Don’t like it? Find someone else.

10 Likes

DevForum need to add a meme section :rofl:
This guy asking other to be near UK, speak good english and be 11+ while he’s like 4 years old…
Literally no grammar

10 Robux for a game?
:skull_and_crossbones: :chart_with_downwards_trend:

6 Likes

Honestly I don’t use the talent hub anymore because I don’t trust anyone there and every single I’ve seen there, not gonna but trash.

2 Likes

There are also some other projects that asked for specific roles (scripter, builder, etc…), but instead of using specific tags, they just add all tags, which is mildly annoying when you use the filter.

1 Like

Not only is it hard, but sometimes there are things that arent even projects at all.

Most of us can agree that asking someone to fix their script and giving them 2-10 robux worth of payment is not a “project” and ruins the talent hub. It also has the title “Pls i need help”.

I think there needs to be some moderation on the talent hub, (or if there already is, it should be better), because this obviously belongs in a Scripting Support post on the devforum, not on the talent hub.

5 Likes

It’s fine if they can’t use it, but they expect too much from the seller. A lot of people can’t do much but expects a lot from others, sigh

at this point I think the rodevs discord server is just better

I tried posting an offsite link (because it doesn’t say you can’t, and I tried looking) and my post got moderated. WHY?! This is the real world Roblox! Real world resumes need to point to experience and documents outside of Roblox! I’m not 10, I graduated college!

If the Talent Hub wants quality people, then we need to be able to post offsite links, we need to be able to type more than 500 characters in a box, and we need to be able to upload PDFs. I didn’t think Talent Hub could be worse than the dev forum!

(And it’s been 7 years and I’m still not a regular devforum member AHHHH!)

6 Likes

You were asked to agree to this when you started using the Talent Hub via a popup, FYI: https://talent.roblox.com/consent

It states which external link domains are allowed on Talent Hub.

I noticed the consent page is not really linked anywhere on the Talent Hub site. That should probably be changed.

3 Likes

Honestly, the biggest improvement roblox could make to the talent hub is requiring job posts to have a clearly defined pay rate on it and not just “pay negotiable, we might pay bonuses if we like you!!!111” like I’ve seen on so many posts. Allowing applicants to review people based on the actual pay rate and application experience would instantly solve this problem, since bad actors would no longer be able to waste people’s time.

It is beyond frustrating to take the time to apply to a post, get accepted and do all the onboarding stuff like joining their group and trello boards…only to find out that they only want to pay half a dollar per model after devex fees. My personal favorite was the time someone seriously expected me to waste time filling out a 15+ page google form with random interview questions that had absolutely nothing to do with my dev skills or experience. I have no idea why roblox doesn’t have a review system for everyone who uses the talent hub, it would prevent everyone involved from wasting time.

6 Likes

I’m having the same problem, its annoying that people who should not be using talent hub is using it for non development reasons.

There should some requirements on the talent hub to post a job such as a phone number. I’m not saying to make it verified people only. Just some step to make it better.

Heres some annoying people who thinks its funny to post stuff like this:

10 Likes

thank god im not the only one who reports these , the amount of these are just increasing due to the talent hub not focusing the “find creators” page
which are kinda understandable

tho its unprofessional , discord should be supported on the talent hub
why should it be supported?

• well as you can see , you can link a discord server in a roblox group / game
    but sending a pm is not allowed , meaning talent hub consider us all unresponsable or under the age of 13 , its trying to protect us in the worst way possible , instead of informing us about the dangers that lurk in discord and that they hold no responsibility when it comes to things that happen outside the talent hub . They just straight blur it! and we just bypass it ! bluring doesn’t stop anything , all that effort to ban the word discord is considered useless
  • ok so the talent hub doesn’t want you to use discord , make the chatting system better! we can’t even edit our speech there are so many option you add but you refuse to (dunno why)
    also note: i just realised that talent hub does in fact support discord , then why did i get reported for misleading people to other sites? all i had was twitter and discord (this doesn’t change the blur thing btw , its still the same)
    leme know guys what do you think abou the current comunication system in TH

The user avatar and name removed for sake of anonymity.

This post is kinda similar to some posted here before, but…
At least there is some price written. Of course it is really low for what the creator wants (many times lower than the minimal wage in the US).

There is one thing that I just think is straight up wrong for anybody to even think about, though.

I pay if I like.

Imagine working for a company that pays you under minimal wage and if they don’t like your work (which, once again, is outrageously underpriced), they just won’t pay you at the end of the month. I know comparing these two scenarios is pretty extreme (1st, you aren’t working for a company, but doing a commission which nobody is forcing you to do and 2nd, you would probably also work on other things in a normal company, not just a single thing for a month), but still, I think if Roblox isn’t really into moderating these job posts (even though they already have moderation procedure which all job posts undergo before being visible to everybody - but who knows what is really happening), it is partly appropriate to step up the pressure. It is afterall a platform for us, creators, to find other creators which we can comfortably work with. I just don’t feel like this is happening and I think I am not alone.

Safe place

I will just quickly remind what Roblox told us about Talent Hub:
source here

Now, I am not at all denying that the Talent Hub is one of the ways to find other creators, even though it is very hard at this time. I just want to focus on one thing from this ‘statement’ - safe place.
One thing I really want to mention before I continue - this document is written primarily (as the name suggests) for ‘Parental guidance on Talent Hub’.

I think most of us can agree that Talent Hub is not a safe place, at least not for everybody. Most of Roblox’s users are under the age of 13, as stated in this document from 2020. This share has probably stayed or even rose in 2021, 2022 and 2023.

source here

But mainly for those users, the Talent Hub is not a place what they should be trusting and which should be called safe for creators. If you don’t believe me, just go to the top of this topic and go through all of the posts. Many of those include a screenshot in which you can primarily see under minimal wage compensation or unclear compensation conditions for the work the creators are requesting. A place with this kind of ‘content’ is sometimes not even safe for older and experienced creators, not to talk about the creators under the age of 13.

The badge

I have one last thing to adress. The verified creator badge. When you go to your Talent Hub profile settings, you will find the ‘Verification’ section there. If you are not yet ‘verified’, once you click the button, you will be taken to you Roblox settings where you will obviously see the ‘Verify My Age’ button. Why am I saying this?
Clicking on that button, as some of you might already know, takes you through a process of verifying your identity. This is how Roblox processes your data:
source here

The process of verification verifies if you are a real person, if you aren’t committing fraud and if you are over x years old.

source here

Let’s just skip the first highlighted part of this picture as I already covered it.
In this document, though, they are stating that

Anyone that has a verified badge on their Talent Hub profile are users that Roblox knows and trusts.

This basically means that anybody who is over x years old can have that badge.
Now let me ask you. Would you really trust the person who wrote the job post that I appended at the top? Because they have the verified badge and thus, Roblox knows and trusts them. I personally wouldn’t, since they aren’t even mandatory to pay me afterall. Paying anybody for their work on the Talent Hub is simply a game of trust, as stated in the Talent Hub specific terms and conditions:

source here

And to return back to the safe place, this statement basically denies all of that. The only thing that is making all of this legit is the disclaimer for parents:

source here

This document also states that the Talent Hub can be taken down anytime, without further notice. The Talent Hub specific rules can be also modified whenever.

Conclusion

At the beggining, I thought this would be another drop in the sea of job posts that, let’s face it, shouldn’t be on the Talent Hub.
Digging a bit deeper into all of this really gave me the real picture of what the Talent Hub really is. I now unfortunately feel like doing work on the Talent Hub is sometimes a real gamble. The state in which the Talent Hub is right now is basically just a prototype.

Don’t get me wrong - the Talent Hub is still in some sort of pre-release. This doesn’t excuse Roblox from moderating their own product (which has a real potential, if they work on it), though.

I have hope that Roblox takes all the response from creators into consideration and implements all the sensible ideas and suggestions into the Talent Hub. I also hope Roblox doesn’t blindly ignore or even delete this post - don’t take it as a hate post, take it as a post in which I tried to pinpoint the shortcomings of the Talent Hub and append them with evidence.

If you read all of this, thank you very much. I deeply appreciate it.
The only thing left for me is to wish you all a nice rest of your day or night.

5 Likes

I was searching for nearly an hour to find at least five to ten candidates for management positions for my group. Not only couldn’t I find enough good ones, people never respond because the messaging system is so complex. I’ve had many internal issues with the talent hub as well that makes it so much more difficult to find quality people to work for us.

2 Likes

The discovery by searching has led to irrelevant results while looking for creators on talent hub for hire. For instance, as I search up a specific genre of obby on the Talent Hub, it brings me to creators, such as those whom create simulators, and have not mentioned it in their bio or displayed an experience on their resume of the obby sort. Discovery should factor in keywords in the search results.

Roblox should partner with some team of users to expand what Talent Hub is supposed to be.
There are many communities focused on advertising job offers locations and relatable sort of options to them. Talent Hub has lived off long enough to offer good enough active opportunity-seeking chances as many posts are months old.

4+ week old job posts should be taken down and once the user who made the job post comes back to the website he should be notified if he still is looking for the same users, if he still does and he has not yet gotten any requests in the inbox, the job posts refresh the upload date and if there are people who are in the inbox looking to be accepted, they have to go through them.

I have to mention that there are not many Robux paid Job posts and this includes Modeling and Building on top of it. It’s all just filled with people asking for people who have access to the UGC and paying them just for that access they have.

3 Likes