It's way too hard finding quality projects on the Talent Hub

I can’t agree more. Finding well paid commissions on Talent Hub is virtually impossible. I have seen posts which say “10 r$ for the entire game”, “5$ for an entire game with leaderstats, datastores, etc” or “full game, payment will be negotiated but max is 100 r$” It sucks for those looking to make a few dollars in their free time.

2 Likes

The Talent Hub is problematic because it’s free. A $1 per month subscription could potentially lead to something of value.

1 Like

i heard this idea before somewhere on the forum.
why would you pay for that?? last 2 months didn’t offer a single good job for me (got no money) many people won’t get their value back
and i wish i can say im new to my domain , im not.
if somebody wants to hire a builder ,they’re gonna use the other posts as a refference for how much they should pay , lets say 3kR for a pro builder (thats pretty low for a full map if you ask me) , kids are not the only problem , its new devs who don’t understand the value of other peoples times.
but if there was a comment section in every post , less people will want to embarrass themselves , with those funny prices…
simply making TH payed is just gonna drive more people away (if roblox does it btw , trust me its not gonna be 1$) , and its not even the root of the problem

Ugh, this is why Roblox isn’t considered a real job; in most cases, it can’t be.

Ive tried using the talent hub, but ive ran into 3 scammers, and the thing is theres no real way to even CALL them out, unlike on the devforum where you could reply to the job posts and call them out, and that leads to them being much more likely to go on and attempt to scam someone else. (they were all verified)

The ui/ux is also HORRIBLE everywhere, expecially on the homepage.

I think that the talent hub needs a huge overhaul, and the focus should be to get it as close to the devforum collaboration as possible, eg comments on job posts, etc.

(fyi to anyone tryna get jobs on the talenthub, ask for a 5-10% prepayment and NEVER give your work to the commissioner BEFORE getting paid)

4 Likes

Just going to chime in here (apologies if this has been said before) but I find many job postings are straight up lying for how much they’re compensating:

(there’s a specific R$ price setting. This user is saying $100k USD)

It’s either 100k R$ or not. “Based on your work” is not 100k R$.

Again, it’s either 10k USD or it’s not.

These are only within the last day of posts. It’s entirely unacceptable and impossible for someone like me who has been doing commissions full time for five years to find quality clients, I cannot fathom the difficulty someone new to development would have in finding work.

I don’t know if a “price is negotiable” setting would be helpful in these circumstances or just cracking down on any compensation inaccuracies (as that’s one of the most important factors) would be a better solution.

There’s a similar problem with the “Full Time” tag being misused. “Full time” suggests an ongoing working relationship with a client; not unlike being hired onto a team and expected to work an agreed upon number of hours a day. If I’m doing a commission, which is what 95% of posts are looking for, they should be using the “Commission” tag.

6 Likes

There was a person that was looking for a scripter to script an entire tower defense game from scratch (Shop/Upgrades/Lobby Included). Can you guess the price? 200 Robux :skull:

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s such an insult when your hard dedication is under-valued, also merely for the fact if someone whom didn’t see the price-tag, and thought they’ll be paid greatly. That’s why I laugh at those ridiculous Talent Hub “applications” for how much the realism is lacking initiatedly. Oh yeah I won this competition, found someone who pays only 5 Robux per month. Labour at its finest.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how this issue can be fully eliminated without a manual selection. I mean even the forum has some automatic membership if not manual, so letting anyone post without any restrictions is just not good in my opinion.

People might think that others may just use other hiring platforms, but this low quality project issue is with nearly all of those other hiring platforms because of similar problems already. In fact some of them at least have a minimum paying requirement and a manual approval on posts for not just moderating, also keeping the super low quality posts away, which means Talent Hub is right now missing the basic quality controls some other top third party marketplaces have.

I’m 100% sure that most Roblox devs would want to have a hiring platform where there are less posts than other platforms but most are much more quality than them. As I said because we already have many of that other type off platform already.

I am not against new creators working for each other for a little amount if they agree to do so. However at this point the talent hub is flooded with such posts which makes finding a good job impossible without using filters. What I’d be suggesting is as a first move we should at least have a DevForum type of automatic membership system (without regular and all those other manually given ranks, just 2 basic ranks), and after that if it’s not a good enough filter I think moderation should also not allow any super low paying or low effort posts.

2 Likes