Just a little Island Terrain Generation I've been working on

Hello people of the DevForum,

I’ve been working on terrain generation for the last year and a bit, using Roblox Lua anyways, but I decided to take a rather large break from Roblox, as I had other more important commitments - amongst a million other factors as well. Fortunately for you all, I am now back and I’d hopefully like to say that I’ve come back with a fresh mind, hence why I have made this little showcase of what I have been working on the last few days!

The pictures below are a demonstration of my procedural terrain generation code that I have now modified to make a Martian looking island that is surrounded by water. Yes… I know there isn’t any water on Mars, currently, but I just thought it would be a nice little idea to show off to the dev community!

And obviously, the development process wasn’t without errors and beautiful bugs either:

But what do you all think?? Is there any improvements I should make? Is it too boring (if you say no, then you are lying straight to my face)? Let me know what you think, because all and any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

It’s beautiful, I respect the effort and idea.

2 Likes

Honestly looks amazing, you’ve put a lot of effort in it.

2 Likes