Just gained like 2k bot followers

Don’t know how or who, but I went from 1.3k follwers to 3.7k followers in 24 hours. Don’t know exactly when either, I just know it happened within the last 24 hours.

I mean look at this, this is ridiculous:

The only reason I’m concerned is that it makes me look bad… as if maybe people assume I wanted to look more “popular” or something? The only way I believe to get rid of them too is by blocking them… and not only can I block a max of 50 people, but it would take way too long to do that anyway.

101 Likes

To add to the issue, it is also known of bots joining groups in large amounts with no easy way to kick them out.

11 Likes

Now this…

16 Likes

The spam bot brigade is growing exponentially.

41 Likes

Yeah this is spreading like a virus - literally.

19 Likes

Such bots can be purchased to fill in group member count, this is done to make people think the latter is more legit and credible and they should join as well. Akin towards buying Twitter bots to look more popular on social media.

8 Likes

Hmmm… I wasn’t touched by this yet. Here, have a look:

10 Likes

Same thing is happening to me.

8 Likes

I don’t get them in big batches like this, I seem to get one or two friend requests from these bots every few pages.

12 Likes

Who’s behind this and why do they have so much free time

32 Likes

Not free time if skid shmucks pay you for it

8 Likes

Yes but there are also cases in which people decide to flood someone else’s group. This has been reported in this forum by various users and it happened to me too. Same as OP, I highly doubt he payed for bot followers.

3 Likes

This is getting bad:
image.png

10 Likes

jk I got bombed with them the other day

11 Likes

This also happened to me, I gained 700 followers overnight.

2 Likes

It seems that a new bot group is attacking recently.

mrflimflam have 8M followers now…

10 Likes

Hmmm Me to

7 Likes

They are Booting pages - you pass them through DM these are dedicated to creating accounts like this They have account encoders and they make others follow famous developers more than anything - (example) I have a bit of a reputation in the Spanish category and when I began to be known for there after 2 days my account went up from 45Followes to 2267 and continues to grow.

6 Likes

I have been follow botted too, and I did a bit of research. I asked my friend, (who literally follow bottled himself- don’t ask why) and he said he went on this sketchy website and entered his user ID and followers just came to his account. It’s very simple, all you have to do is type in any user ID and the account will get botted. I don’t see anything ROBLOX can do with this, as there are practically tons of accounts that are used. Thankfully, ROBLOX does not ban anybody with these, so our accounts will not be moderated. And I think your follow botter used the same website as my friend, as one of the usernames starts with “Epic Matthew”, like his. Serious issue that needs to be solved but really it has no way of being solved.

10 Likes

Also, these bots send friend requests…

8 Likes