Keyframe heavy animations play unreliably

So earlier I decided to animate the ice lake scene from the Polar Express.
I used moon animator. Here is what one scene looks like in studio and ingame, keep in mind that ingame your camera is locked to an animated part aswell.

Studio:

Game:

As you can see in the game, the coaches behind the engine do not slide/animate as they should. Another thing to note is regarding the root part in all the rigs. They are all anchored and shouldn’t move, right? For some reason I feel like the train’s root part moves. This is because ingame, the train visibly moves through the camera part when I didn’t animate it to do so. I could probably test it though.

A theory on why this is happening:
The camera part is animated seperately, and is one part with less keyframes than the train.
The train is a bunch of welded together meshes, and has way more keyframes than the camera part. This makes it more heavy than the camera and thus starts to degrade when running ingame?
I have all animations set to the highest priority aswell.

Any help? If so, it will be appreciated, thanks.

2 Likes

You running the animation on the server? It is recommended to put the camera animations in the train rig, from experience.

It’s all loaded and played on the client, which is in a remote event thats being fired to all clients

Do you have Workspace.ClientAnimatorThrottling on? It could be effecting the animation.

It’s currently on default, which I don’t know is set to Enabled or Disabled.

Default should be Enabled, it finished rolling out a while ago. Can you turn it to Disabled and see what happens?

After running the game on Disabled, nothing has unfortunately changed.

(this may or may not be a post bump)

You might want to file this as a bug report, this doesn’t seem like something you’re doing wrong