(Kind of) Finished Visual Novel Heroine Sprite Artwork Feedback

I am currently illustrating and making a visual novel on Roblox, and with that means I am also making all of the character designs. In this case, I finally got to finishing the redesigned sprite for the primary heroine in the story, so it’ll be posted here. For my last post on this topic, click here.

It’s been around 4 months since I last made an update on my Yumesora sprite, and that was primarily because I just never finished it until now; even which, I still am contemplating adding just a few other details before I actually 100% finalize the design.

The reason it’s been so long is primarily because of school, and because I have an unfortunate tendancy to procrastinate hard :skull:

And throughout those four months, I’ve maybe touched my drawing app maybe a dozen and two times. Not exactly good work habits, but at least it’s done I guess.

Here is the completed sprite, compared to the original (colored) sprite:

Images

Note the change in art and coloring style compared to the previous sprite.

Redesigned Yumesora

Original Yumesora

Something that said I’d add but didn’t were earrings for Yumesora. I added them today when I was finishing up the coloring, but decided to remove them after I realized she’d probably look better without them in this outfit.
Additionally, I also changed the appearance of her eye slightly, which should be visible if you compare the (kind of) finished sprite to the sketch version.

This topic is very similar to my previous one (in which I just compare my new sprite to the old one), but since it’s finally colored, I’d like to ask for feedback on the coloring.

(NOTE: As for the one last thing I’d add before finalizing, that would be adding a tartan/plaid pattern to her scarf, just for extra detail. And, as I’m typing this update log, I realized that I forgot to add extra details to her eyelashes. Seems like I have some more work to do :skull:)

That being said, thank you for reading my post, and I wish you a great day/ night.

5 Likes

This artwork looks VERY GOOD! Nice job on it!

1 Like