Visual Novel Sprite Artwork Feedback

I don’t know if this is the correct place to make this post, but I’ll send it nonetheless.

I am currently illustrating and making a visual novel on Roblox, and with that means I am also making all of the character designs. For more reference, you can click here to see my older posts on the game, as well as seeing the older character design.

I had a previous design with this particular character (in this case, the female protagonist), but I did not like how it had turned out, since the illustration had really wonky anatomy and coloring, as well as being bland. So, I decided to redraw her, of which it really improved a whole lot in my opinion.

Here is a comparison of the new sketch and the old one:

Images

The redesigned sprite was drawn on a smaller sized canvas, so it is lower resolution in the example image shown below.

Redesign:

Original:

The reason why the sprite isn’t colored is that I would like to receive feedback on the artwork before I begin the long process of coloring, like if the proportions are good, or if I should add anything else.

(NOTE: I also intend to give her bag some keychains, and to add earrings, I just forgot to draw those in before I exported the outlines)

That being said, thank you for reading my post, and I wish you a great day/ night.

3 Likes

briliant , i see improvement in every aspect in the sprite.
you should be pretty proud of yourself , the only thing this lacks is folds on the jacket and the sweater , you probably added this in coloring and rendering tho.
i know im late by a month to tell you this , but leme tell you its hard to find your posts

1 Like

This artwork looks very good! Nice job on it!

2 Likes

The redesign definitely is a great improvement! Adding more details on the clothing definitely gave the character more depth and more unique.

1 Like