Kingdom Life II - One of our biggest map updates so far

Hi!

Some of you may have seen my work before on revamping Kingdom Life II, which takes up the majority of my time at the moment. Well, I’m here to show you one of our biggest updates yet!

Check out the game here!

Spawn

Market Area

Town

Interior

This is a little demo we made for an interior system we’re using. The interior will be improved upon greatly, this is just an example of how it’ll work.

There is also a lot of other interactable objects in the house, such as candles to turn on/off or chairs to sit in.

Orc camp, forest and more

Thanks, and have a great day!

55 Likes

I love it now maybe some custom textures for the house to bring out more realistic effects but it looks really nice.

5 Likes

Looks amazing, keep up the good work.

2 Likes

This looks amazing. As a child I played Kingdom Life a lot and loved it. Have you removed some stuff?
You guys did a great job.

2 Likes

Amazing, loved this game when I first joined roblox and it is now looking beautiful. I just wish I could play it without like 10 fps!

2 Likes

Have you tried playing it with the recent update? We’ve optimised the map!

3 Likes

Really? I will be trying it out now then!

2 Likes

Let me know how it goes! We’re still optimising the game with some rendering systems (only done this with trees so far, but will be doing it with the rest of the smaller objects such as plants, potions, meat, etc), but it should run FAR better now.

1 Like

It runs so much more smoother now! When the massive town revamp came out and I saw it I was completely shocked on how beautiful it looked, that’s why I started building in the first place. It is an incredibly beautiful game.

1 Like

Awh! Thank you. It means so much to me that my work inspires people - it’s a dream I never thought would be achievable.

3 Likes

This looks PHENOMINAL. I can’t even begin to imagine how much work was put into this. This really inspires me to work for my goals!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I’ve put months of my time and work into this update, particularly with optimisation (which can be so tedious but I stuck with it!) I’m glad it shows.

3 Likes

i love the use of realistic lighting and scenery with the beautiful custom structures. i love seeing games like this where so much effort seems to be poured into it constantly. its a big upgrade, and i love it :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

It looks amazing, my one critique is the contrasting build style, some is super low poly, simple design (R6) like the character and some objects while some are more complex realistic meshs with textures. I love the realistic overall look though! very nice!

1 Like

This is probably because the game is being completely revamped. Being that the game is so big (with 50 million visits), it’s taking a long time to revamp it, particularly because we’re going from an 8 year old low-poly build to my high detail realistic builds with textures and meshes.

For example, this shows a before and after of the orc camps I’ve been working on.

You can see more examples here:

4 Likes

Wow that’s really quite an overhaul and appreciate the link i’ll be sure to give you a follow, my handles @RobloxJed. Have you been working on the game over the last 8 years or more recently join? Your work looks stunning, Do you texture all your models in Substance coupled with maya/blender for modelling?

2 Likes

I started working on the revamp project 7-8 months ago now. Thank you for your compliments. I use blender for 3D modelling and photoshop for my textures. Some of my textures are ones I find by scouring the internet for quality textures that are free for commercial use.

For example, the red arrows that point towards the wood panelling and roof tiles are custom made for the build/meshes. Whereas the green arrow points towards a stone wall texture that I found after some lengthy research. However, I’ll be getting a drawing tablet soon so I can experiment with far better texturing work.

Edit: I’ve also been experimenting with UV mapping to texture meshes, such as a tophat for UGC. Though, that’s on hold for the time being as I work on a lot of projects.

These are the (untextured) meshes.

3 Likes

Well, what can I say except great work. I’d highly suggest using Substance painter, I used to use photoshop and mudbox for texturing but substance is just so much easier - in fact I believe my photoshop license runs out in a matter of days.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of looking into substance painter regardless, as I’m really excited with how I could extend my current texturing capabilities, but now I may have to look into it!

2 Likes

I used to play around with Kingdom Life back in my young days as a kid and loved the game. This new update looks like it will definitely add to the experience and looks really good. Too bad Roblox technology wasn’t as up to date back then as it is now. :sweat_smile:

Love the build!

4 Likes