Lag when editing script

Whenever I edit a script It always lags out, it crashes my studio I’ve uninstalled a lot of plugins, reinstalled studio and I don’t know what to do anymore. Any ideas?

1 Like

Can you get a video of this happening? Make sure that it includes you editing a script, and then studio crashing.

2 Likes

I used a recorder the screen did go white and crash but it wasn’t recorded for some reason.

Studio becomes un responsive, to the point I have to manually shut it down in task manager.

I’m pretty sure it’s just studios bugging out. I was having tons of issues yesterday here are some.

1. Roblox studios crashes when trying to close a certain file.

2. It won’t let me load in to play testing.

3. PlayerScripts isn’t a valid member of Player “Players.domboss37”.

4. When I would pass in a parameter to a remote event the value would be nil.

1 Like

It started this morning, tried everything on the forum like removing studio, removing plugins etc. Nothing changed. Problems like this have happened in the past for me. :confused:

1 Like

I don’t know all I know is what I said happend yesterday night and then a friend told me that they think roblox crashed

Remove every single plugin I’ve had this problem before

It looks like your script keeps adding new lines. This is like running this code:

while true do

end

Without the wait(), so that it exhausts its allowed execution time. This may be because of a plugin, because those are really the only things that can change scripts. What did you for this to start happening? Or did you just open a script and did it just start doing that stuff? Additionally, this may be unrelated, but what is your current CPU and how much RAM do you have? I just want to make sure that it is not a factor, cause if a lot of processing is happening in the script, your CPU/RAM might not be able to handle it, and therefore, studio crashes.

Also exit studio and make a new game or just delete any random scripts you fine

Could it be your PC just can’t handle roblox studio?

Um what is strange is how the lines keep getting added when ur not adding them. It could be a plugin with a virus.

I don’t think it’s my PC I can post specs if you wish, it handles roblox studio fine ever time I don’t think it’s that, aswell as that building and everything else except for editing a script is working fine and smoothly.

caputure2 and 16 GB of RAM

Alright, will do. Hopefully it works

Strange. I guess you could always try uninstalling and reinstalling roblox studio

Already did so, trying to un install all plugins hoping it works this happened to me before

First try to delete some temporary files. Hold down the Windows key and press R. Type in %temp% into the search box and press enter.

Now, press CTRL + A and delete all the files. If you see a box that says something like this:
Then check off “Do this for all current items” and press Skip. You should also skip any item requiring administrator access just so that you don’t break stuff. Now, uninstall all your Roblox Studio plugins. Then, uninstall Roblox Studio AND Roblox Player. Restart your PC. Log in, and ONLY install Roblox Studio and Roblox Player. Now launch Studio and tell me if it crashes when you create a new game and go into script editor. DO NOT INSTALL ANY PLUGINS YET. It seems that your copy of Roblox Studio is bad and corrupted, as it is getting into an infinite loop with no wait time, therefore, crashing the application.

Update: Roblox Studio is extremely broken. I just lost an entire place. Hopefully I can revert it, good luck. Let me know if that works. update 2 yay i restored it lol

Have you fixed it @WildRagers?