LampLight - Global Illumination For Roblox (New v1.2)

Tutorial here:

6 Likes

Hey, I love this plugin but I can’t seem to install it.

I’ve tried closing Studio and opening it again but it doesn’t seem to change.
Now I tried opening with Roblox Studio, still no difference.

2 Likes

Update: If you are having trouble making this run, try enabling this studio feature, seems to fix it.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to do anything.‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

2 Likes

After installing the plugin, does your plugin toolbar in studio have this icon?

1 Like

2 Likes

Any console errors? I can’t imagine how the entire plugin isn’t even showing up.

1 Like

Output error

2 Likes

That’s a new one! What on earth could be causing that…

1 Like

Try publishing it as a plugin? How hard is it it to publish one?

Published Script: Default Print Script - Roblox
To be honest, this doesn’t have anything in the plugin list ontop. Just prints “Hello World” if you turn on and off the script from the plugins tab. But your plugin doesn’t appear there either.

2 Likes

Look, I don’t know whats up with your configuration, but here:
Plugin link here

Try that.

1 Like

Seems to be working. But it doesn’t achieve anything.

I’ve tried everything on this post Using LampLight v1.2
And Plugin Debugging is enabled.

Literally every single one of the light has a brightness of 0, might be the problem.

1 Like

The bake button works for you? The progress bar zips along?
No console errors?

1 Like

Bake button doesn’t work. No progress bar.
Several errors showing this

2 Likes

Yeah okay; seems things are borked for some people still. Seems parallel luau and plug-ins doesn’t work for everyone yet.

3 Likes

This is simply not true and is basically a lie. It will be actually very expensive to use this many point lights in a scene. It all depends on how many point lights that you’re adding but it’s still not cheap nor free to use and I definitely do not recommend this for mobile.

2 Likes

Have you tested it? Point lights don’t cost the engine anything per frame, they get baked into the voxel grid as you move through an area.

Of course there is going to be an upper limit to just how much you can abuse the engine this way, but the side effect won’t be lower framerate, it’ll be lighting looks sloppy before the voxel grid finishes updating.

7 Likes

Please do not spread misinformation.

I have built a test scene to show what you are saying simply isn’t true.

This scene contains 8400 point lights and 360,000 triangles.

It might take a second or two for the lighting to load in, but it runs absolutely fine on mobile.

19 Likes

I’m getting an error right now when the plugin runs for the first time

I dug through the source code (because it didn’t seem to be do anything after printing “beginning bake”) and it looks like the counter variable inside Invoke isn’t decreasing, causing an infinite loop.

Try enabling plugin debugging, restart studio and try again? I’m really curious if that fixes it for you?
(For some reason parallel luau only seems to work in plugins if plugin debugging is enabled…?!)

1 Like