LAMPLIGHT ALPHA VERSION
Lamplight is a studio plugin that can let you bake actual Global Illumination bounce lighting into your scenes.
- Won’t work well in Future - use Shadowmap for best results
- Not good for very finely-scaled scenes - roblox lighting is chunky!
- No support for spotlights, coming soon
- No support for surfacelights, coming soon
- Really huge regions could take a while to light
- Massive performance improvements!
- Now runs in studio mode correctly
- You need to place Light Region objects to specify where to light
- You need to click “Create Probes” manually now
- Generated Lights are now attachments+pointlights
- Terrain supported, a few bug fixes
Plugin link here
LampLight.rbxmx (369.7 KB)
(place this model file in your plugins folder)
How does it work:
It places probes on a regular grid in the scene, where each probe is also a pointlight. It then does some trickery with a bunch of rays, sampling the scene and averaging the results.
How does it run:
Obviously baking is slow, but once it’s baked, it should actually be cheap to free, even on mobile.
Roblox is surprisingly awesome at having a whole bunch of pointlights when you’re not in Future lighting mode, and this takes full advantage of it.
Special thanks to Elttob for inspiring me to pick this back up, and helping me solve some of the problems I was having.
Please post screenshots if you get some nice results!
Update: If you are having trouble making this run, try enabling this feature in studio - seems to fix it.