Layered Clothing does not wrap properly for some avatar bodies

Reproduction Steps
Currently, as of 11/15/21, layered clothing fails to wrap properly for some avatar bodies. This results in noticeable surface clipping problems and odd mesh-deformation. This issue was not occurring before RDC.

My avatar wearing the astronaut clothing before RDC:
Notice how the front of the space suit isn’t being clipped by my avatar

My avatar wearing the astronaut clothing after RDC:

You see this issue with other layered clothing pieces as well, such as the black t-shirt:

Expected Behavior
It is expected that clothing will wrap normally around non-human avatar bodies

Actual Behavior
Some clothing pieces improperly wrap around the avatar’s body, resulting in clipping and odd mesh-deformation issues.

Workaround
None

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

12 Likes

Yes, this bug happens also for Cyclock’s torso!

1 Like

Thank you for reporting the issue! We are investigating and we will reach out as soon as possible.

4 Likes

maybe it happened because of the animation used

Hello - following up on the issue we have found there are some changes and improvements we need to make on our end to fix this issue. We are working on it - but it may take a moment. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we are working through some odd ends and bits of the layered clothing feature

6 Likes

Hello here an extra picture problem from zombie animation package image
And another : image

2 Likes

I’m having a similar issue. This is for a human rig type but it just isn’t working for some reason. I’m not sure if it’s related. It could be that the rig is just not compatible but I thought I would ask just in case Here is a video of what I mean:

robloxapp-20220227-1557023.wmv (4.4 MB)

(I would upload it as MP4 but for some reason it won’t let me. Sorry)

This is still happening as of March 2022. Since layered clothing is now able to be bought & worn into games, is there any chance of this problem being fixed relatively soon?

Hello - we are investigating the issue and reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we work through the last bits of layered clothing.

3 Likes

Doing some test on [Crimson Claw: The Vengeful - Roblox](https://Crimson Claw) and layered clothing, we are not able to see the issue. I will reach out in a private message to follow up for more information on how to reproduce the issues

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 10.16.31 AM

1 Like

I’ve replied to your DM with the relevant repro steps & place file.
Thank you for the response! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Public update - this is being fixed, folks @ Roblox are working through a backlog of avatar bundle issues in the catalog, which will take a few weeks.

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.