Layered Clothing Full Release - Equip All Six Layers

Will there be gloves?? Or layered hats, like they don’t overlap?

9 Likes

With the release of Shoes as bundles, could we expect to see the MarketplaceService:PromptBundlePurchase() api to be enabled? It is currently not possible to prompt players to purchase any avatar bundles in-game, unless you PromptPurchase the old catalog AssetId of a bundle (which is something that all newer bundles do not have).

The only workaround to allow players to purchase new bundles in-game is by using the Avatar Inspect Menu, however this does not give the 40% commission to the developer of the game whenever a bundle is purchased.

Edit: It seems like Layered Clothing doesn’t appear on the Avatar Inspect Menu - there is no way to purchase Shoe Bundles in-game right now.

17 Likes

And now we wait for the inevitable removal of the classic clothing, and probably R6 too…

5 Likes

That wont happen. Roblox would kill off most of their players by doing that. Nobody likes rthro, and classic clothing will stay.

11 Likes

I feel as if it was already announced that this wouldn’t be happening but it’d be nice to see it on R6 Characters aswell, it’s sorta awkward if I had like, different bundles equipped to make my avatar’s proportions look how I would want it to, but having no layered clothing in some games just because it’s R6. I hope it’s reconsidered but I understand that R6 is Legacy now.

2 Likes

R6 doesn’t use MeshParts so that can’t happen

4 Likes

Any reason on why these shoes are paid? They are pretty much the first ones on sale.

7 Likes

Consider that Roblox has a history of removing much-liked legacy features and eventually Layered Clothing will probably over-take the classic clothing in terms of popularity. Combine that with R6 potentially eventually becoming an animation pack for R15 once R15 gets mesh deformation and it isn’t too unrealistic of an outcome.

I’m not gonna hold my breath, I’m pretty sure (and unhappy) that it’s likely going to happen, at least within the next 3-5 years.

8 Likes

I made a quick place to try out these layered clothing from the catalog. They look pretty good on meshed body types, but a little funny on the original “Blocky roblox character.” It’s pretty neat. (1) Layered Clothing Try-out - Roblox

5 Likes

I hope every bug report I submit gets fixed and then layered clothing will hit great popularity. I’m waiting for animated faces!

2 Likes

So you are not adding gloves?Or maybe a full coustume as layered clothing section?Okay i guess

2 Likes

I love this update! Today will change Roblox forever! There are a few bugs with this. Mobile when changing R6 mode removes your hair and won’t let you put it on unless you go in R15. Some avatars don’t fit well in LC (the old blocky body). To fix this, I think we should have a clothing scaling feature so we can scale the clothing down a bit so it doesn’t make blocky avatars look bigger than they actually are. There are also a few bundles that don’t actually work with layered clothing. “Forest Elf” “Nova The Galaxy Scientist” “Grey” and there might be more. Thank you Roblox for pushing this update out! Continue to do many more amazing things.

4 Likes

I was wondering a few things:

•Does layered clothing affect performance in anyway? •Does it provide any changes to the player’s hit box or no?

But other than that, I find this update a minor (from some perspectives) but nice update. It keeps Roblox players looking like themselves with a little more “3D” in them.

2 Likes

Would really enjoy if we had the ability to set the RenderFidelity of LayeredClothing (and all accessories) because the tris count can really add up.

Having them all forced to Precise RenderFidelity means they’ll always be in high detail even if they’re 500 studs away from the camera. A lot of experiences could benefit from letting us set the RenderFidelity to Automatic or even Performance.

3 Likes

I think a ton of people would enjoy this more if there were more body types available. I don’t mean like R6, R15, Rthro. I mean like arms, legs, torso, etc.

The main problem I see is that the clothing doesn’t stretch/fit well on some avatars and body types. (notably, most R15 avatars ) Giving users more body types, or allowing us to stretch the clothing ourselves, would be some solutions to this.

We have the body type slider for scale in the avatar editor thing, but that doesn’t really solve the issue.

8 Likes

Nice to see it finally be released!

Though I am bumbed that It doesn’t work on r6 avatars, I’d be willing to put up with r15 but layered clothing looks terrible on blocky avatars (I wouldn’t be suprised to find out you did this on purpose).

Please make this look good on Classic Blocky Avatars. (Notice How I said Classic and not Neo classic. Make this work on old avatars).

And also please, if possible make it work on r6.

This is a really cool update, but you’re definitely not trying at all to make it work on old avatars.

Any body type that isn’t the classic blocky avatar.*

5 Likes

Debatable,

Why tho? Because unity support so much. People made literal engines in unity like corgi and top down. Roblox studio is never going to be like unity and is Very very far from it. Plus unity is way easier to use because it’s much more vast and has more support…and for god sakes don’t flag this

6 Likes

It should affect performance yes, it’s more things to be rendered.

And it should not change the hit boxes, these are cosmetic things so there should be no effect (If you’ve ever used a big accessory like wings on your avatar and play and obby, you’ll notice if the wings touch the parts that kill you nothing happens. It doesn’t change the hit box).

5 Likes

Layered clothing is great, but will you allow accessory skirts to be uploaded to the catalog? Layered clothing isn’t supported on r6, and many people want to wear a 3d skirt without going into r15. I don’t see any hinderance to letting UGC creators make layered skirts and welded skirts.

4 Likes

I have one question. Did roblox think to make Layred Clothings for R6 ?

4 Likes