Layered Clothing Full Release - Equip All Six Layers

This is really cool!

Although, I’ve seen some people use the penguin body and other wide Rthro Bodys and then wearing Hoodies and Jackets to make themselves look either REALLY REALLY wide or really fat. (The Penguin Body Tail on Layered Clothing looks like a diaper). Apart from these small glitches, good update!

3 Likes

I bought sneakers and they don’t work.

I really like this! Has some issues with some avatars, but that makes sense

2 Likes

Well I think he meant that Roblox is slowly getting better compared to what it was before.

3 Likes

This update is amazing! Can’t wait for there to be more jackets and stuff to choose from.

Maybe needs some fixing but overall it looks cool on my big smoke avatar.

12 Likes

lmao it looks like a giant marshmallow

on an unrelated note will layered clothing have limiteds?

3 Likes

Post cleared/deleted; not viewable

4 Likes

Not being able to change the order of layers in the avatar editor is a bit of a deal breaker for me at this current time.
image ← what i want

image ← what i get

Main topic: Layered Clothing: let us set the order of layers

13 Likes

I thought this is possible by equipping the shirt first, and then the overalls?

I had the opposite issue, where my pants would go over my jacket, and I fixed it by just reequipping the jacket.

Still not very intuitive and it would be great if we could have a menu to change layers though

2 Likes

I’m able to change the order using the API so its possible to do this, but it seems a bit counter-intuitive if this is the behaviour.

2 Likes

So, I’m going to be That Guy and state an unpopular opinion, at least it’ll be unpopular on this thread; this update is kind of pointless, Roblox.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll admit that there’s some entertainment and amusement to be had with Layered Clothing, but this just seems so unnecessary.

4 Likes

Finally,they did it…

These layered clothing got finally annouced…I never thought it would finally arrive.

neither did I, I could never predict that such a mid update like this would arrive. Now we wait for animated faces and then bones inside of the character and then the dna inside every roblox character

3 Likes

Is this a step towards UGC creators being allowed to customize accessories for different devices?

2 Likes

I’m guessing not for a few months if ever, since there aren’t limiteds for 2d clothing. Could be wrong though.

2 Likes

Generally, it’s quite hard for Roblox to make realistic looking clothing fit on blocky avatars and R6. They might as well disable layered clothing on those avatars. Not that Roblox will do the same for other animations and avatars; it’s just that those specific avatars are too unrealistic to have layered clothing.

3 Likes

I already made a post about this on another thread, but I want to link it here because all of my issues with the current state of layered clothing are still in place. I love the update but there are frustrating parts about the fitting of the clothing on non RTHRO characters that should be addressed before it becomes wildly adopted.

2 Likes

Kinda sad we got this before custom materials going full on live.

5 Likes

Imma be honest, I don’t really think of the first two when I think of Roblox avatars. I tend to think of 2.0-3.0 bodies when I think Roblox, and luckily layered clothes shine there

1 Like

This is easy to fix, stop using BLOCKY avatars.

Hmm, when I stretch this jacket over a huge box, it doesn’t look right?

If you like blocky avatars, then don’t expect anything to look ‘realistic’ on it.

But, I expect ppl will choose these because they look funny.

7 Likes