Layered Clothing Used To Create Giant Avatars

This is still happening as of 6/3/22. In fact, there are more package combos now that cause this:
LC_ExpandIssue_Repro.rbxl (186.6 KB)

2 Likes

This 3D shirt breaks avatars sometimes BERRYxDEH - Blue Polo - You Got This - Roblox

1 Like

This is still happening as of 7/4/22.

Hello? Communication please??? This feature literally cannot be enabled in a lot of our games because of this issue.

1 Like

Hello, we are currently working on a few different fixes and fallbacks to prevent such issues from happening. We have had a few releases in the past weeks - Tested locally the above scene and while the LC are messed up, they do not explode to very large size.

Can you help and double check - and see if the repro needs updating? Thank you for your patience, we are continuing looking into issues with LC working to address them as they come.

4 Likes

Hi, thank you for the update! :slight_smile:

Great! Looking forward to the patches.

To my knowledge I haven’t ran into any map-covering variants, but there are still outfit combinations that make the clothing ~5x the size of the character. In the original repro, it makes the character invisible now! I’ve seen this abused by various players:

Here’s a repro of an outfit that is still large:
LargeClothing.rbxl (213.7 KB)

Here’s a repro of an outfit that is invisible:
InvisibleOutfit.rbxl (227.3 KB)

I’ve linked a modern repro above!

Thank you again, looking forward to the resolution of these issues!

2 Likes

@V4_Ap3Dud3 Heya! I actually have found a repro for the map-sized clothing:

MapSizedClothing.rbxl (270.3 KB)

Simply open this place file & run a playsolo test, there’s a StarterCharacter model under StarterPlayer.

3 Likes

Thank you @Noble_Draconian that is much appreciated. We will take a look at these as well and get back to you asap

4 Likes

As @Noble_Draconian had mentioned, users are able to create invisible avatars. This post expands upon that issue, which you may find useful. Players Able To Create Invisible Avatars

Thank you! we have a fix for this in-coming very soon, as always we appreciate your understanding and assistance while we are resolving these hanging issues.

3 Likes

Hi there, it’s been close to a month, is there any ETA for this fix? It appears to be sort of fixed, but not entirely fixed.

For example from Noble’s repro:
LargeClothing.rbxl (213.6 KB)

Meanwhile from Noble’s other repro (which was layered clothing the size of a map):
MapSized.rbxl (270.2 KB)

Test repro: Playsolo test => character in StarterPlayer called StarterCharacter

A Hangout game I work on currently has layered disabled, and this would help if we could tell our community when we can enable it again.

Thanks!

Hello - thank you for reaching out and for the test files, they will definitely help us identify additional issues. We have released a couple fixes to prevent giant avatars and invisible avatars from happening. We are currently working on fixes for additional issues as the ones you shared. These will take a bit longer, as we want to make sure we support creativity of our users and developers. They are actively being worked on and tested.

We very much appreciate your patience and support and are committed to solve these and additional LC issues. We definitely want to see LC enabled everywhere and without major issues :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @V4_Ap3Dud3

Is there any updates on how this is going?

I’m super glad that you are so about LC! LC is super awesome, it’s just these problems that are the deal breaker - I don’t want players experience to be ruined by it.

Thanks.

Hello, we have released a few changes to address these problems. There is a fallback that will handle cases where the clothing might get too large. This is in the current released build.

We continuously working on improving LC and making it better everywhere and to address potential issues. If you can check it out, and let us know of any other issues that will be great.

Thank you!

6 Likes

@V4_Ap3Dud3

This is still happening as of 12/14/22

2 Likes

this is still a major issue, does anyone have a quick fix?

1 Like

Hello - wanted to follow up if this is still an issue you are observing?

1 Like

I am not sure if the context of following up an avatar with LC makes it invisible, but if so, I can tell that it is possible to see most of these types of issues in experiences where players communicate to chat and/or hang out, for instance: “Natural Disaster Survival” and “MIC UP”.

Thank you. I know it might be a lot to ask, but you happen to have a screen grab of the issue? (We will also check those out and see if we can find presented issues)

1 Like

Just experienced this issue again today. Here’s an image with the assets that were used by the individual.

Assets

Rthro Heavy Run - Roblox
Ud'zal's Idle - Roblox
Ud'zal's Walk - Roblox
Tribal Wolf - Left Leg - Roblox
Tribal Wolf - Right Leg - Roblox
Oinan Thickhoof - Torso - Roblox
Oinan Thickhoof - Left Arm - Roblox
Oinan Thickhoof - Right Arm - Roblox
Five Finger Suit - Roblox
Hippo Suit Realistic Hippopotamus Costume - Roblox

1 Like