Players Able To Create Invisible Avatars

Reproduction Steps
Equip Giant Teddy’s Suit with Black Mermaid Dress or A-Line Ball Gown w Heart Neckline - Black.

Expected Behavior
Clothing should layer correctly and not cause the avatar’s body to become invisible.

Actual Behavior
Combining Giant Teddy’s Suit with either over the above assets causes players to become invisible. When combined with Headless Head, players are able to become completely invisible, heavily disrupting gameplay. Since there are two different combinations that cause this, there are likely other combinations as well.

The embeds are not working, so I have linked the assets here:
Giant Teddy's Suit - Roblox
Black Mermaid Dress - Roblox
A-Line Ball Gown w Heart Neckline - Black - Roblox
Headless Head - Roblox

Issue Area: Catalog Assets
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-18 00:06:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-06-18 00:06:00 (-04:00)

26 Likes

Can confirm that this is an issue. Using the Headless Head, my character renders completely invisible to all players.

Interestingly, characters fade to transparent in the first second after spawning. Here’s a slowed-down video to show this behavior:

8 Likes

I can also confirm this issue. I have combined two of the above assets with headless and invisibility has occurred. It has caused mayhem to some experiences.

unknown

2 Likes

This is still possible as of 6/28/22. A friend of mine was able to do this with their avatar today.

2 Likes

Hello, I am following up to see if this is resolved. When this bug originally came up we tried to tune limits to at least make this less common. Let us know if you are still encountering invisible avatars.

1 Like

Funny you should ask. It was just today that I noticed this jacket causes me to appear partially invisible when viewed in preview. While I could not replicate this behavior in-game, I’m wondering if a certain combination of clothing could trigger this behavior.

Edit:
Here is another clothing item that demonstrates the same issue.

2 Likes

@TheGamer101 This issue occurring again, but on an individual asset level.

Remove Arms
:3 - Roblox
hello world - Roblox

Remove Torso
:3 the sequel - Roblox

Remove Legs
RedTimb - Roblox
Blue Timb - Roblox
BlackTimb - Roblox

1 Like