Let there be light... on Creator Hub!

Hello Creators!

There has been an internal joke for a while now called ‘TTLM’ - time to light mode. It’s the number of comments we get on a Creator Hub announcement thread before someone requests light mode - the number is never very high.

Well, request no more! We heard you loud and clear, and the team’s been working super hard on bringing :bulb: light mode :bulb: to all of Creator Hub. We’re excited to be rolling this out to everyone, today!

The default theme for Creator Hub will continue to be dark, but you can now go to your preferences and switch this to light, have it copy your main roblox.com preferences, or even your operating system preferences!

This is the first release, and we’re aware there may be a few pages that need further improvement in light mode - if you spot any of these, please comment down below and we’ll get them resolved.

Thanks so much as always,
The Creator Hub team

192 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Yay, I can finally use light mode on the Creator Hub! :smile:

27 Likes

Props to whoever made the smooth transition gif

66 Likes

People that will always use light mode :point_down:

26 Likes

MY EYES!!!

In all seriousness though, lots of people have been wanting this, it looks great! It also makes it more accessible to others :smile:

when does corp.roblox.com get light mode :wink:

84 Likes

amazing update, love to see what’s next!

20 Likes

I know that people like to joke about light theme but this is a huge win for accessibility!

35 Likes

EDIT: I forgot that light mode is actually useful in terms of accessibility. Thanks to @Kampfkarren for pointing that out; accessibility features are always a great addition.

19 Likes

What’s the use of something nobody’s gonna use? After all I do appreciate the little joke about ‘TTLM’

15 Likes

I don’t care about the light mode but that transition looked nice :+1:

16 Likes

Hello,

Light theme is an accessibility feature for people like me with astigmatism who cannot easily read light text on dark backgrounds. Until now, the Creator Hub is something I actively avoided because it was legitimately straining to use. Include a light theme for the Creator Hub ; Jokes like this are insensitive, please avoid them.

Thank you to Roblox for this update, long time coming.

46 Likes

when we getting chinese language for documentation?

10 Likes

Finally, I can burn my game analytics into my retinas!

19 Likes

light theme best theme

long overdue dub i fear

10 Likes

It looks like the Development Items section on the dashboard uses the wrong color for the more button when hovering:

22 Likes

Do you secretly flag those who use light mode for closer observation? Since they are obviously insane for using a light mode? :smile:

19 Likes

The amount of insensitive comments here is crazy :skull:

Dont get me wrong, I dont really care about light mode, and I wont use it, but its an important accessibility feature. Some people literally cannot use the site on dark mode.

24 Likes

Alright, now that my eyes have been flashbanged out of existence I can finally say, it looks pretty good!
That smooth transition in the gif goes hard.

Also, more power to light mode users, it might blind some, it might help some see better.

But bright colors can be healthy in a way. Using dark colors can “darken” your mood and make you feel a bit more down after long exposure.
But light colors and themes can quite literally brighten the mood.

I’ll just stick to dark though, I like the shadows.

12 Likes

Oh no… Roblox has really fallen now.

10 Likes