Let there be light... on Creator Hub!

Honestly, I assumed there already was a light mode. I don’t ever use light mode so I never bothered to check.

I’m glad for the people who do use it though.

4 Likes

Hmm yes, I can already hear my retinas frying.

Jokes aside this update was long overdue so I’m glad people can finally browse the Creator Hub in flashba- err i mean light mode. W for accessibility

5 Likes

the amount of people getting mad at jokes is crazy :skull: yeah a lot of these are clearly in poor taste but it’s not meant to be taken seriously, just ignore it or hide the post

This is a good feature for accessability as people have said but also just those of us who prefer the aesthetic (me)

5 Likes

So why does the Creator Hub have a different dark mode color than the website? Which does Roblox want to use in the future?

7 Likes

They’re insensitive jokes that don’t belong here on a community that should foster good faith communication and respect towards each other. The same people making “jokes” about those who use white theme are the same people who may get unreasonably angry at other kinds of “jokes”.

Accessibility is not a joke and is core to respecting developer health on the platform and making pages actually usable. The “jokes” are not only in poor taste but entirely unnecessary. Please keep that for your own echochambers. It’s annoying to have accessibility updates flooded with unhelpful and dull nonsense.

8 Likes

now just let us actually be able to make sounds public

6 Likes

let there be sound… on roblox!

6 Likes

This update is “blinding” but seriously an update not EVERYONE hates, props to the roblox and relevant teams!! :tada::partying_face:

6 Likes

I would never use it, but its great that it is available for people who need this or who choose it.
It’s always a good thing when something is made more accessible.

I remember how terrible it was when the old create page was blindingly white when the rest of the site was dark. So, I can assume a constant dark would be just as terrible for those with eye conditions.

Keep up the good work Roblox

6 Likes

Nice simple update, but would it kill to have a bit of colour to break things up? This also applies to the main website which looks bland in light mode. Re-adding some of the classic blue elements would create a more cohesive on-site experience.

5 Likes

Moths everywhere rejoice!

8 Likes

I use dark theme everywhere, and when its any discussion about light theme, well you’ll never find me.

But this! Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I like this light theme. Honestly I can’t differentiate what’s different between this one and other website’s light theme, but it does not hurt the eyes whatsoever! Might be my own opinion, but I like it a lot!

3 Likes

webblox keeps getting better and better…
love everyone that has contributed to this in any way

literally the only thing i could complain about is

PLEASE… add this to www.roblox.com

other than that, THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

Those who say dark mode is better clearly never had to read a whole screen worth of text on a FNAF wikia in the darkest of dark modes to ever exist.

https://blogs.ubc.ca/aaeranpurwala/2011/01/20/it-dont-matter-if-its-black-or-white-actually-it-does/

6 Likes

No one even mentioned it? Or am I the only one who noticed it?

4 Likes

I think its more of what is comfortable as opposed to what is design dependent.
For a website, you might have dark or lighter areas, but if you are having a site that is to be used more for a work type environment, which is what I consider the Roblox sites as, I think its more about comfort to the user.

I’m a bit old school, I used the monochrome green text on black for ages, thought it was fancy when some monochromes were in amber. So for me, personally the light mode that became standard in the years later, has always been just painful for me to read. I was so thrilled when sites and apps started to offer dark modes.

I appreciate Roblox giving us the options.

5 Likes

It’s not about design, it’s about readability. I could live with all parts of the Creator Dashboard being in dark mode, except for one thing: documentation. When you have to read long strings of text, light mode is generally much better, unless you’re really used to dark mode.

1 Like

For those asking why light mode exists in the first place, some people have an eye condition known as astigmatism; it intensifies glare and makes light sources extremely blurry like your screen, making it hard for some to read white text on a black background. Astigmatism | National Eye Institute. This is a well needed accessibility feature and I’m glad Roblox added it, despite me not going to use it lol.

3 Likes

Dark mode users when they read books and the books aren’t dark mode. Or when they go outside in the daytime and it’s not dark. It’s ironic how people make fun of light mode users but in the process show how chronically online they are instead. /joking

Thanks for this update Roblox, I don’t see why people feel like complaining about having options, I almost exclusively use light mode on my desktop as it helps me focus and my vision isn’t exactly the greatest.

8 Likes

Just to add onto this, certain neurological conditions can make darkmode unusable for people. There’s a plethora of conditions and disabilities that make darkmode on websites uncomfortable or unusable.

3 Likes