Let us add icons to the Topbar

Surely I’m not the only one to think of this, and sorry if there are a few other similar posts.

I think it would be nice to be able to add buttons to the Topbar, next to the Chat and Backpack icons.
A button to open the in-game shop, or a button to save your data, etc.

Since this screen space is already being taken up, it would be great to be able to add a few icons to it.

And especially for games designed to be iPhone-friendly, there’s nowhere else to really put a button to open a menu.

4 Likes

It’s ‘reserved for roblox’ so it’s probably not going to happen any time soon.

There are a few ways to do this, and I have been experimenting with customisation of the top bar, however it is highly time consuming and takes an unnecessary amount of work. I do agree there should be an easier way, as it is all about customisation of your game.

The topbar is for ROBLOX CoreUI – the reason it was created was to distinguish ROBLOX UI from user UI and make it so that ROBLOX UI didn’t affect user UI. What happens if they decide to add more buttons to the topbar and oops one of your GUI buttons is now covered? You’ll never be able to add buttons to the topbar because it would defeat the purpose of distinguishing ROBLOX UI from user UI and making it so that ROBLOX UI changes would never affect your own.

Good point.

I do agree with the other stuff you said, but how about having an API for it similar to plugin buttons?

local button = Topbar:AddButton(string Icon)

The CoreGui itself would then handle button alignment and the case you mentioned wouldn’t be possible unless you had tons of custom buttons.

However if such API was ever released I’d suggest having a very low limit on how many custom buttons can be created(1-3 for example)

jesus christ guys – it’s not going to happen. It’s already been explained why in numerous threads, including this one.

As I stated, ROBLOX arent going to make this a function supported by themselves, but there are a few high-maintenance and hard-to-do aswell as time consuming ways to do this anyways.