Level Up - Season Pass Interactive Workshop

SeasonPass

Hi developers!

Have you ever wondered why many games and experiences seem to incorporate some sort of “season pass” feature? In this Level Up Workshop you’ll be following along with our systems designer, Dan Spaventa, as he guides you through the process of creating and balancing a season pass. He’ll discuss what a season pass is, how it works, how to create a design document, and then take you through the steps to balance it.

Starting with a blank sheet, this interactive workshop will take you step-by-step through the process of creating and balancing your own season pass. You’ll learn how to visualize players’ progress and create the right balance for both a fun and challenging reward system!

Workshop Resources & Worksheets

Before you jump over to the video, you’ll need to download this workshop’s supplementary materials. The zip below contains a template and design documents for you to use while you follow along with the interactive presentation.

Level Up - Supplementary Materials.zip (1.4 MB)

• Season Pass Materials: the spreadsheet template you’ll need to follow along with the presentation
  • Season Pass Level Up Finalized: a finished version of the spreadsheet for reference
  • Generic Season Pass System PDF: design document outlining the season pass feature
  • Season Pass UI Wireframes PDF: contains UI wireframes for the season pass feature

All downloaded? Ready to go?

Watch the Season Pass Workshop

77 Likes

I find this “Level Up” episode very coincidental because I just made a development discussion a few days ago about this monetization method where developers stated the pros and cons of battle/season passes.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/developers-do-you-think-the-battle-pass-monetization-method-is-effective-in-roblox/1465912

I also like how well-structured the tutorial and video are, and I can’t wait for the next level up.

12 Likes

Very cool. Videos are well done, they seem pretty simple to understand so far.

3 Likes

I thought we max leveled up already, but alright🤨

Anyway this is cool

3 Likes

Likely wont be watching, but I hope they discuss only doing a Season Pass if you have the resources. I cannot respect a game with a Season Pass with virtual goodies not worth their virtual weight in virtual salt. You can’t nor should do something simply because many others do it as well.

5 Likes

The level-up series is cool but many people can’t understand.

1 Like

Hi Livono! Thank you for the feedback. What aspects are difficult to understand?

3 Likes

Like many people don’t know what this series is about. Some think it’s a game-making series or some think it’s something only for admins. But many people don’t read the whole topic. Those who read only can understand. Everyone should read this post first to know all about this series.

3 Likes

Ah, ok! We could add a short explanation of the program at the top of our new video posts; maybe that would help. Thank you, Livono!

3 Likes

Could you link a Google Sheets version of this?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.