Light not rendering in seemingly random chunks

I am experiencing this issue as well, following this post, hopefully it will get fixed sooner than later. The issue is happening both in studio and in-game. Oddly, some lights simply don’t load at all while other lights load on the other side of the map and in broken chunks rather than where it should be loaded at. Very annoying.

7 Likes

Various users in a game I develop have reported the same issue. This is happening in Studio and in-game. It seems that rejoining fixes it for some players, however, it is also a hit or miss with other players.

6 Likes

My users are also reporting this bug occurring in my game Berkeley County, Concord. Lights that existed in one place persist, and some do not show where they are supposed to.

My game uses Streaming Enabled.

DEV_BUG_1

6 Likes

Started having this issue on my experience.

From my limited testing, disabling the recently added “FFlagLightgridCPUAsyncUpdate4” seems to completely resolve the issue.

10 Likes

Disabling this flag has also fixed the issue for me.

5 Likes

I have been experiencing this issue both in Studio and in-game, the shadows and lights seem to appear in a repeating pattern as I move around the map. My game does not use StreamingEnabled.

5 Likes

Phantom forces is extremely bright now too.

4 Likes

Having the same problem on Metro Transport: Metro Transport - Roblox

5 Likes

I am also having these problems in my Airport game.

6 Likes

Where is this option at studio?

4 Likes

getting reports of this happening in my games too.

7 Likes

I encountered the same kind of shadow bug where random circle-shaped shadows are scattered in random places (The lighting used are ShadowMap and the image was taken inside Roblox Studio)

5 Likes

The same thing also happened after changing the lighting technology to Future and Voxel, it even appeared when the Compatibility lighting setting was applied.

4 Likes

For me, it also shows lights on places where there are no lights… strange isnt it?

5 Likes

happened to me in jailbreak as well

7 Likes

Also, the StreamingEnabled property was off.

5 Likes

Bump, seems to make random light sources not emit light too

4 Likes

Experiencing this issue with my game too.

3 Likes

I hope they will fix this bug soon

3 Likes

You can try disabling fast flag @Robin5D mentioned

3 Likes