Light projection for flashlights

So most flashlights are plain, what we’re going to accomplish is a flashlight projection like this:

the-last-light
Scroll to the bottom for the uncopylocked game with the flashlight and read it carefully
To do this it’s pretty simple, this uses Future technology and only uses 3 parts.

If you take a look at the image above you can see 3 objects, follow the steps below to create this projection:

• A cylinder with a spot light facing left which makes the ring
  • A cylinder bigger than both parts to form the shadow of the ring
  • A rectangular part in front of both parts to act as the middle light projection

SpotLight outside:
Outside

SpotLight inside:
Inside

Final Product:

You can get a copy of a modified flashlight from Emmet [here] (Flashlight - Roblox) by copying the game and copying the flashlight in StarterPack (The light appears blocky at first because it hasn’t loaded yet, give it a minute or so to load)
This will be edited throughout my horror adventure

78 Likes

Appreciate the resource! This is a funky little trick with lighting, but it makes for a great effect without having to put so much thought into accomplishing it. This will definitely help when it comes to making games involving flashlights, especially atmospheric horror games.

4 Likes

Honestly I’m truly impressed very nice thinking for this good job!

Kinda “turns off” if you lower the graphics but unless youre playing on a potato this shouldnt be an issue, great assets and Im def going to use it

2 Likes

Dang, I’ve been looking all over for this, and you just release it like its nothing :sob:

2 Likes

Is there a way to change the shape of the flash? ive played around with it but I cant find a way

How do you make the cover part invisible while it casts a shadow??