Lighting and material LoD seemingly completely broken on desktop

Same issue here with my game
I assume this is affecting all games using Future lighting?

1 Like

This is happening in my experience that has Future enabled as well.

1 Like

Yep seems to have broken in the last couple hours

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. It should be good now.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is related but I found an intermittent problem with Future lighting also, in the past 2 days, on and off, plastic parts with reflectance set to anything but 0 are rendered with the color black.

screenshot:

The black parts are supposed to be red and yellow, they are the same as the colored part, but with reflectance set to .1

Sometimes when I test this the colors have been correct, I don’t know why it is intermittent but it failed last night, worked most of today, then failed again around 2pm Eastern time.

and now it is working correctly yet again:

place:

Looks like the same issue. It won’t happen again.

1 Like

yeah getting the same issue, roblox has broken future lighting

1 Like

sad that its been broken for months :frowning:

Hey everyone. Just wanted to make sure everything is ok here. Are y’all still having issues? Lmk, I can get in touch with the engineers if necessary.

1 Like

getting the issue… i maxed out the graphics, but it stays stuck on low graphics :confused:

2 Likes

This issue has just started happening for me

1 Like

glad i wasnt the only one experiencing this

1 Like

Also, I’ve just searched up in HiddenDevs Discord server, and I can see multiple others are experiencing this issue tonight

hey are you guys workign on this? this issue completely ruined my game’s theme lol

it also seems to simply disable all graphics level except lowest and render then unusuable

studio:

live game:

also the map render distance glitches so its sometimes super near and other times at full distance

also studio mesh detail level is inverted (unless im heavy tripping and this was always the case)

1 Like

the issue also randomly affects image labels for me they become ULTRA pixelated and disgusting, this happens rarely though

1 Like

the issue randomly resolved when using one of these

1 Like

also my graphics is at 1 while rendering is on max level after the commands

1 Like