Lighting rendering bug (flickering/visual glitching)

Some users on mobile devices have recently reported visual glitching like in the following videos:

The videos were recorded on a Samsung s22 Plus. We’ve had multiple reports from users on different mobile devices.
This is happening in our game: [🐇AI🐭] Yellowstone Unleashed - Roblox
Affected users report it happens instantly on join. They claim other games are affected too. It doesn’t seem to be an issue that’s limited to only our game.

We’re using StreamingEnabled and ShadowMap lighting technology.

ETA is hard to pinpoint. We’ve had some users reporting it as long as a week ago, however now there’s more reports. If I had to guess I’d say it’s due to the ‘lighting performance update’ in: Release Notes for 628.

Thanks for your help

Expected behavior

No visual bug should occur. Rendering should have a predictable outcome on mobile devices.

5 Likes

FWIW we are aware and are looking into this.

1 Like

Do you know the driver version on this? Just to double check, this is model number SM-S906B right?

Do you know of more devices that report this?

We’re trying to reproduce this on a range of devices, but so far have been unable to reproduce.

1 Like

Hi

The videos were recorded on a SM-S906U.
We have three other reports but no device id for those yet. I’ll post them here once they get back to me.

Thanks

1 Like

One player reported it happening on SM-S901U.

I have ordered a SM-S906U, might take a couple days to get here though.

2 Likes

@TigerRabbit2 Not sure if this is related, but I suddenly started getting reports from players in my game Scary Sushi that random lights will go out and not come back on. Seems to be mobile players (at least from the one person I was able to talk to about it) and it happens after cutscenes where the camera is moved to different parts around the map. Once the cutscene ends and the camera returns to its starting point, random lights are out. Doesn’t seem to happen to everyone.

I first started getting reports on 6/17 and saw a noticeable drop in sessions time the same day. I hadn’t changed anything, so wondering if it’s related to the lighting update and if there’s any way to fix it?

I unfortunately can’t seem to reproduce it, but I’ve had 5 or 6 reports of it in the last few days.

I don’t think the issues are related. Since the issue as reported by @apenzijncoolenleuk1 seems related to graphical corruption (usually due to a problem with barriers). The problem you are describing seems based on a feature of lighting.

I have sent your message to the rendering lighting lead.

Thank you! Sorry, would open a different bug but I haven’t been approved for the bug reporting group yet.

1 Like

I was able to reproduce on my S22. It does seem like a corruption issue. We will try and get a fix out as soon as possible!

1 Like