Lighting: Underwater light rays for terrain water

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to make the water realistic. I want to create a game with great lighting so it could be more real, whenever it is a day or night in-game. My game will use a lot of water and the water requires to be realistic too, we can create waves, change water speed, water colour. Underwater area should have some attention too. In my opinion, water transparency and reflectance is not enough and there should be a feature where light rays go through the water and you can see them underwater. I really like games that use the latest lighting features. Not only they are great, they also please my eyes. We have an incredible project from Roblox engineers team coming to an end Future is Bright phase three. There should be underwater light rays like in real life. Roblox is a fast growing platform and should include the latest updates to the lighting. I think there isn’t enough of lighting features in Roblox. That one will make a big step forward affecting the attitude to the realistic games, so Roblox may compete with other games with graphic levels. I’m sure the Future of Roblox is surely bright.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because what I request will help my game to be realistic and attract more players for a fun and safe experience. I’m sure using light rays underwater won’t affect the perfomance too much.

29 Likes