[Limited Availability Beta] Asset Privacy and Permissions for Meshes, Images and Models

My fear is Roblox is going to retroactively apply this change to old private assets, like they did for audio, I get with audio it was because they were sued, but you can never know with Roblox.

18 Likes

yea I fear the same thing, but I hope and pray assets aren’t retroactively made private.

Some clarification would be amazing @FlankaTank

15 Likes

Probably gonna pass on this for now, would be more useful if the UGC meshes & textures also got hidden from the public & unable to be exported. I hope in the future that will be possible to avoid meshes stealing

13 Likes

30k robux insanity aside, why a gamepass? This seems so unprofessional, could a system for enrollment not be implemented?

30 Likes

because its funnier like that, probably

13 Likes

I can see this being beneficial for big game developers… However.

Knowing how the audio privacy change went down, I can’t seem to imagine how bad this would be. This could break so many games using assets that would be privatized by this change. Knowing Roblox, they would probably automatically make models private after a set amount of time. Also the price :sob:

13 Likes

cant believe it costs 30,000 R$ to change a website FFlag on your account, wild

29 Likes

Hey, the flipswitchers need to be paid too!

19 Likes

This should be a more prominent warning. I know some UGC Creators who might go through the process and then find out they can no longer upload accessories to the marketplace.

13 Likes

Just pay yourselves some virtual money for the testing job :joy:

15 Likes

I don’t fear this because the audio update had a clear cause: the music industry. That type of pressure currently does not exist for meshes, textures, or models that would lead to the same widespread action.

I feel like a bunch of the replies are missing the point: the Robux cost is meant to offset engineering time that increases as the beta testers increase. It is not a simple release, and this cost exists to limit the beta to only those who need it. Player → Group game migration was the same. All of the limitations shown above are good reasons to wait for the beta. If you need the beta, 30K Robux should be fairly cheap. Otherwise, wait for the growing pains to be resolved.

The alternative to a paid beta is a restrictive application beta or being lucky enough to be picked (or not picked?). 30K Robux is an easy way to get in, no matter how much of a reputation you have, and again - those who need it should be able to pay for it. It’s fine. Just wait for it to not be half-baked if you don’t need it.

26 Likes

eeeexcuse me??? did i see that right??

11 Likes

The arduous struggles of putting you in an A/B test… Oh, those poor engineers.

12 Likes

As expected, 80% of the posts whines about how this costs 30k Robux. Remember that this is meant as invitation for the users who need this the most. They want to filter out the targeted users so they can support them better.

Usually these kind of betas are communicated privately (eg game to group transfer) so at least be thankful you’re getting this offer publicly.

16 Likes

can someone give me a recap on whatever is going on rq

5 Likes

roblok make asset privite everyone go AAAHHHH

7 Likes

nvm at least this is good to see

(i accidentally forgot to remove the reply sorry)

5 Likes

With how stealing meshes and textures from the marketplace is a pretty large issue it would honestly be nice to be able to private mesh/texture ids of stuff that can still be bought but only be able to be inserted into games by catalog url id to prevent a good bit od people from ugc theft or some other method

8 Likes

from what i know; roblox is basically applying the audio update to everything else to newer assets

5 Likes

through a gamepass??? 30k??? hello???

9 Likes