[Limited Availability Beta] Asset Privacy and Permissions for Meshes, Images and Models

Just pay yourselves some virtual money for the testing job :joy:

14 Likes

I donā€™t fear this because the audio update had a clear cause: the music industry. That type of pressure currently does not exist for meshes, textures, or models that would lead to the same widespread action.

I feel like a bunch of the replies are missing the point: the Robux cost is meant to offset engineering time that increases as the beta testers increase. It is not a simple release, and this cost exists to limit the beta to only those who need it. Player ā†’ Group game migration was the same. All of the limitations shown above are good reasons to wait for the beta. If you need the beta, 30K Robux should be fairly cheap. Otherwise, wait for the growing pains to be resolved.

The alternative to a paid beta is a restrictive application beta or being lucky enough to be picked (or not picked?). 30K Robux is an easy way to get in, no matter how much of a reputation you have, and again - those who need it should be able to pay for it. Itā€™s fine. Just wait for it to not be half-baked if you donā€™t need it.

25 Likes

eeeexcuse me??? did i see that right??

10 Likes

The arduous struggles of putting you in an A/B testā€¦ Oh, those poor engineers.

11 Likes

As expected, 80% of the posts whines about how this costs 30k Robux. Remember that this is meant as invitation for the users who need this the most. They want to filter out the targeted users so they can support them better.

Usually these kind of betas are communicated privately (eg game to group transfer) so at least be thankful youā€™re getting this offer publicly.

15 Likes

can someone give me a recap on whatever is going on rq

5 Likes

roblok make asset privite everyone go AAAHHHH

7 Likes

nvm at least this is good to see

(i accidentally forgot to remove the reply sorry)

5 Likes

With how stealing meshes and textures from the marketplace is a pretty large issue it would honestly be nice to be able to private mesh/texture ids of stuff that can still be bought but only be able to be inserted into games by catalog url id to prevent a good bit od people from ugc theft or some other method

7 Likes

from what i know; roblox is basically applying the audio update to everything else to newer assets

5 Likes

through a gamepass??? 30k??? hello???

9 Likes

I could say many things right now for I am quite mad, yet

Revert this now

8 Likes

Roblox charging users to use a privacy feature in 2024? Is this a joke?

10 Likes

Please give us the ability to grant permission WITHOUT edit access to experiences and give us the ability to revoke permission. These are HUGE mistakes and actively harm creators.

WHY would granting permission be irreversible? We the creator should be in control. All it takes is for someone to gain access to our account using a zero-day vulnerability and the privacy of our assets is permanently taken away. We should also be able to take away permission whenever we feel like, relations between two people change, and we donā€™t want to be forced into supporting a bad creator by being unable to revoke their access to our assets.

Adding on, permissions should also exist for unions. We should also get access to the list of all unions we have generated, and be able to use and edit the union id of assets to access inaccessible unions and to easily update models by simply changing the union ids rather than tedious copy-pasting.

Once this is out of beta, we should have better control over the permissions status of all assets, such as selecting multiple assets or all assets and changing their permissions simultaneously, or even grouping assets into permission groups to control related assets with ease. We should especially be able to change the default permission of uploaded assets, whether new assets uploaded are public or restricted, as even a few seconds of an asset being public could be enough for it to be stolen and replicated.

11 Likes

Sorry, Iā€™d rather DevEx that same amount of Robux. At least I can feed myself for a few weeks before the actual feature becomes public.

11 Likes

After having to fill out a formā€¦?

US$300 for basic asset protection? No thank you, honestly.

10 Likes

30k ROBUX for us to be able to protect our assets?? What a world we live in. :-1: , In all serious notes this sounds like an amazing feature that is just so overcharged.

6 Likes

Agreed :+1: In DevEx terms thatā€™s a 105 usd for a beta feature that will become public sooner or later Iā€™d rather play the waiting game. For some games they wont care itā€™s 30k because they make so much but for other developers thats ridiculous.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s like $105 of DevEx and $375 from upfront paying. Only people with successful games realistically have that much, and if thatā€™s the case, just restrict the application.

It would be fine if it were 750, maybe 1500 Robux, but 30000 is beyond ludicrous.

9 Likes

yeah with that steep price they can view my assets bruh :sob::sob:

6 Likes