[Limited Availability Beta] Asset Privacy and Permissions for Meshes, Images and Models

You should have just waited until the feature was ready to ship. Paying 30,000 R$ to have my assets protected is crazyyyyyyyy.

8 Likes

That is exactly the point. This feature is not ready and requires support from engineering. If you need this feature, like now, that should be pocket change, and the limitations should be acceptable. If you can’t afford it, you probably don’t need it now, and can wait for it to not be as limited. This will become free when it is ready. It is absolutely not ready now.

12 Likes

You can make audio public again. It’s been announced a month ago.

3 Likes

its not about the labor its about volume

the post made that pretty clear, i don’t know what everyone is so confused about

3 Likes

I also still cannot privatise some of my audio that was left public due to being under the 6 second threshold, which is insane especially when I know there are experiences using that audio without my permission…

3 Likes

yet you need to give Roblox and a third party your government id… which is just insane and unnecessary

3 Likes

As much as I’m pissed with the gov ID thing myself… what IS the alternative for them? They have to choose between risking lawsuits because it’s just too easy to create an alt, or limiting this behind a gate that 70% of people (including professionals which is the people they care the most about) will not mind.

2 Likes

Oh, sheesh! So, after an asset has been made private (such as a mesh part), its behavior will change in games that used those now-private public assets. Does this mean they’ll appear in some sort of blank state? That’s concerning and will definitely break games. If there is an exception to this that I am unaware of, please let me know.

1 Like

They simply wouldn’t load and wouldn’t display. If you want a try at what it’d look like, you can set a gibberish ID (example rbxassetid://685465464165456464656) and it gives you a nice example as to what could happen.

1 Like

$300 for the ability to be able to protect you’re assets from leaks. What a steal!!! keep up with these awesome amazing updates roblox! /j

4 Likes

I swear no one reads anything other than 30,000 robux… It will be free eventually.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to pay ROBLOX nearly 300 pounds worth of robux to access a beta feature!

2 Likes

why should we pay you to test your stuff? doesn’t this completely limit the amount of people able to report bugs with it?

2 Likes

If the feature becomes public, it would not be safe to use toolbox assets that can be made private at any time by their creators, resulting in blank mesh parts. This would discourage using toolbox assets and encourage uploading and making your own assets. The toolbox is really important for small developers, and this decision by the Roblox Team is shocking.

Unless the mesh part asset that was successfully added to the place when it was public should not be affected by the privacy feature. However, that would make the feature only half as effective. This is really concerning, and people should be talking about this, most importantly.

1 Like

30k… gamepass… asset privacy…

What?
Was an entire department fired and replaced? Whose idea was this?

$400 for half-axed ‘asset privacy and permissions’ (exploiters (that have already bypassed the oh-so advanced byfron) will probably be able to steal and reupload assets by the next quarter)

I predict the next step is making the entire toolbox (assets) USD-based… which is real premature for an engine as dated as Roblox.

@shadow4765 Opinion?

3 Likes

Here is my idea based on my knowledge: They should create a term rule that asset creators must agree to, so if an asset is used in a game, the privacy option won’t affect it.

For example, the creator of the asset must agree that if their asset was used in a game, making it private later won’t affect the game that already used it when it was public. However, the privacy feature should still prevent anyone else from adding the asset to a game once it is made private.

The only thing that should affect assets is crucial moderation by the Roblox staff team. If there is a very important reason to delete or private the asset, then it should be done, which is safer than allowing assets to be privated at any time and potentially breaking other games.

5 Likes

can you guys ever do something good

4 Likes

Did someone hack Roblox account?

2 Likes

30,000 ROBUX! HA in your dreams

4 Likes

As someone who is mostly a scripter and that relies on toolbox for quite frankly everything, I agree with you - the way Roblox can do this right is to prevent an item published to Marketplace from ever being delisted.

Then again it’s Roblox. After the censor bar fiasco, I’ve lost trust in them going the right decision and not making random investor-pleasing moves.

2 Likes