[Limited Availability Beta] Asset Privacy and Permissions for Meshes, Images and Models

30,000 robux??? thats very over priced…

also are devs able to make assets public/private like how we do it on sounds? and do we need to use some kind of forum or a verification system to make it public?

this is a very overpriced feature… I cant think of what roblox will make as a “beta overpriced” feature in the future.

thats crazy
Yes I will be paying The Roblox Corporation 300 dollars(at purchase) worth of Robux to beta test a feature
If you seriously think the barrier to entry for a beta should be money, you’re COOKED!

1 Like

This is one of the ideas Roblox has ever had.

You’re telling me, that I can a front row seat and finally make my assets “private”—private as in, you cannot access it on the web interface; there’s still a publicly-accessible API endpoint for clients to freely download and display in-game, much like VRChat avatars for instance—for only $300 USD? I hate money! I hate having a brain! Please take my money Roblox! :slightly_smiling_face:

why do i even with this stupid platform anymore

3 Likes

Because it needs to be done manually, which takes time away from the engineers at Roblox.
They state in the post that it will be free whenever its ready to roll out.

Could they wait with releasing this until its nearing completion? Sure, but then developers and users would have to wait longer in order to hide assets.

6 Likes

Read the posts, actually read it this time gang.

2 Likes

Roblox expecting you to burn 30K robux(300 dollars worth at purchase) just to beta test a feature for them is insane.

Anyone who needs to purchase robux from Roblox truly shouldn’t bother beta testing a feature like this. It’s just asset privacy, if you have no valuable assets to protect, why the rush?

This seems like complaining just to complain, I truly doubt this affects you.

5 Likes

I mean why does the beta should cost robux??? like it’s the best way to atract absolutly nobody

developers can easily get 30k robux without needing to pay usd, i see no issue. overpriced, maybe, but for selective slots only, fair. its early testing anyways, so not everyone in this platform should have this feature rn.

still 100 usd at devex that goes into a beta that is going to be free in few months… I mean I get the point but just why make it paid access lol roblox has already done some beta feature back then that require to apply, there was no money involved, we are talking real money rn, since 30k is the minimum for devex, it is money.

1 Like

ah yes we have to pay 30,000 robux to test your feature and ensure it works correctly, we also pay for not being able to upload stuff to the marketplace, we’re paying for things being taken away from us :skull:

still not terrible, if youre not up for the price just dont sign up lol; like you said, “[its] going to be free in few months”, so just wait for it to be free xd

1 Like

What the heeeeeeeeeeell? Since when do beta features cost money to test?

Alright so let me get this straight.

You have to pay ROBUX, that is roughly equal to 300 dollars, to get access to a feature that also forces all newly uploaded assets to become private, and you cannot make them public.

Which means that if you so happen to be a map builder or someone who provides models and textures for others, they basically won’t be able to use any of it until they finally introduce settings where you can change or grant permission to others?

Jeebus, what kinda stuff where they on when they thought up this nonsense?
This almost feels like a scam.

2 Likes
  1. Fill out this form. You can use a user account or a group account.
  2. We have a limited number of available spots and will prioritize accounts that we can support based on the scale of our permission system. As we scale, we may expand access to more users and groups in the future.
  3. Once we review and approve the request to join, we will follow up with a private message to purchase a Game Pass
  4. Once you purchase the Game Pass, we will notify you when your account has been enabled.

I know this is a legitimate service that ROBLOX is providing, but man does this read like something quite reminiscent of a 419 fraud scam. Perhaps there was a better way to implement such an opt-in system than to use a gamepass? Curious on how the team came upon this decision

2 Likes

30,000 Robux is just unbelieveable, Roblox made really good updates through May to June, but this is just something else.

2 Likes

Oh nice Asset Privacy beta!!

Oh… so 30k robux to get a beta feature (THAT SHOULD HAVE ALREADY EXISTED BTW)… also can we talk about how shady it is to require a gamepass? like ik the post is from real staff but it sounds like a scam.

ah so you want us to pay for a beta that lacks the bare minimum :confused:

so if I’m reading this correctly, UGC creators won’t be able to sell things if they want privacy???

Why do you choose to force everything to be private? If I had (for example) 400 models that I wanted to be open to the public then I would have to spend so much time manually switching them to public. (unless you will be providing a privacy setting to mass public models)

1 Like

@FlankaTank, I think you also should remove creator information from asset api request for normal people(not creator/admins), to avoid asset(names) leaking with scanners (apps that requesting every next id). They also can bypass it, so this option can remove possibility to leak something

How does this affect Packages and Models you’ve uploaded. Are they not private already? I’ve tried accessing them without being logged in and have been unable to…

Talking about this, they bypassed private Audio assets, you only need to enter placeId in request, and done

Seeing this, I wonder:
Hmm…, 30K? No wonder when Roblox is fully going behind a paywall. Maybe in 2028 or something like that?

Me 20 mins after:
Eh… This ain’t probably real, The account’s avatar who posted this is much like a throw-away account for a scam bot, Probably, Hope so.

1 Like

My bid, 100 robux, maybe 50? nah 1 robuk ngl

2 Likes